Topic: Flash interactive Map

Anybody have a lead on how to do something like this in flash?

I could easily do something pretty similar using slices in photoshop, but we all know that don't validate worth a ding diddily arn!

THIS ONE

OR THIS ONE

So, any ideas?

Matthew

Last edited by artiswork (2006-01-12 08:30:38)

Re: Flash interactive Map

What are you asking for? Are you already familiar with Flash and you want some hint as to a direction?

www.rachelstaab.com * Free <html> tag with every website!

staaber,
I'm not familiar with Flash.  I think I was really just wondering how difficult something like that is to manage?  I don't think I'll be learning Flash anytime soon, as I don't care to thin myself out (I'd rather focus on continuing to develop proficiency in xhtml, css, and someday php).  However, I am realizing it may be useful to contract some of this kind of work out when a client wants something like the examples above.

So maybe the question is:  How difficult is this to accomplish?  With what level of proficiency in Flash?  and... is anyone ever interested in contract work for this sort of thing, and if so, whats the cost schedule?

Hmm.  Thanks for making me clarify.

Matthew

just the flash or the entire dynamic interactivity?

I dream with an XML intereface

Tank,
Either.  I'm not entirely sold on this method of display, but it wouldn't hurt to know how it works, how much work it is, and/or how much it costs for this kind of thing to be contracted out?

Thanks

Fla-shop.com is a newly formed internet based company that specializes in ‘Flash Maps’.

Never heard of a Flash Map??

Then take a look here to see if a Flash Map could be more beneficial to your own webpage.
http://www.fla-shop.com

Flash maps can be used for the following:
- Real Estate companies
- Corporate Businesses wishing to show locations of their regional offices
- Major shopping centre chains
- Representation of Statistical Data
- Use with Educational Projects
- Contact List for family and friends
- Holiday Destinations

Fla-shop.com can make maps of any Country, State, Region or City.

All maps from Fla-shop.com are fully customizable.  Colours, fonts, symbols etc can all be implemented to what our client desires.
Maps can be sold individually without any additional features or they can be sold fully functional and ready to be inserted into your company’s website.
The prices for our maps are very reasonable, and you may well be surprised at how cheaply you can purchase a map from Fla-shop.com

Our work is fully guaranteed and we offer free technical support for any problem that may occur with our products.

If you wish to purchase a map from Fla-shop.com or if you have any questions about having your own customised map then please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.
http://www.fla-shop.com

Interactive Flash Maps of USA, UK and other countries. www.fla-shop.com

I have the United States (split into states) already created in Flash, and it is fairly simple to add interactivity to each state. If you wanted to do a specific city I have created custom maps before using Flash to draw them. Let me know if you are still looking for someone to help you, and if this has a deadline or if it is a long-term type thing. My email is mail@taviano.com (Gabe).

Actually, now that I think about it.........I have the entire world map in Flash on my computer at home, lol (split into countries and ready for interactivity - and color changes, etc).