Topic: Cfml + OS X

I have just recently returned to the Mac fold after almost ten years of wandering the M$ wastes. Yaay for me. Now I've got to get up to speed on developing CF apps using OS X tools. I have DreamWeenie and can use it if I must. However, I've used the very awesome HomeSite for years and prefer a dedicated code-view editor. I love it's tag insights, shortcuts, snippets, language references, etc. What a champ it is.

So what are you other Mac fans using to develop CFML? I've found Eclipse + CFEclipse and can live with it. What else is out there?

(And before you ask, I am running Parallels and BootCamp so I could still use HomeSite. But that means back to Windows, and I've done my time, thanks.)

Last edited by Jim_Cook (2006-08-13 22:47:08)

Re: Cfml + OS X

While I'm still working on Windows, I had been using Homesite myself as well, but then switched to Eclipse/CFEclipse.  After a few months, I have to admit that it's grown on me and I like it at least as much as Homesite.  Plus, it is still receiving improvements/upgrades, whereas Homesite hasn't been updated for some time now.

Sorry about the Mac stuff.  I'm no fan of Microsoft, but I just can't stand using Macs.  Personal preference I guess.

I am a fan of TextMate on the Mac. I know there are a few guys working on a ColdFusion bundle, but I'm not sure how far they are. But as far as any editor that I've found on the Mac TextMate is the best.

Second the vote for TextMate smile (although I haven't done an CF, so that's just my opinion as an OS X developer)

"Take up your cross before your crown" :: http://no-spec.com