Topic: IE7 / CSS Problem

Hi. I’m building a site for my daughter at http://www.emilyjohnson.tv. The home page and css validate (can’t promise that the other pages are valid though).

On the home page, everything looks fine in Firefox and IE8, but there a few spots that are broken in IE7.

1. I’m using a background image for the main wrapper. The background image is 960px wide. The wrapper is set to be 960px wide. And the masthead is 960px wide. But in IE7, the wrapper div is displaying as only 959 pixels wide which makes the masthead graphic look like it sticks out 1 pixel too wide on the left. I’ve tried addressing the problem by creating a stylesheet only for IE7 that sets the wrapper width to 961px and then calling it through a conditional comment, but it doesn’t seem to work.

2. The navigation menu just under the masthead is all messed up in IE7. The first two menu items look fine, but then subsequent menu items are dropping down below their intended place.

3. The title of the page (“Welcome to My College Recruiting Website”) seems to be pushed to the right of the breadcrumb.

My stylesheet is located here.

Any thoughts on why these problems are happening (I suspect they are all related)?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me - I really appreciate it.

Frank

Strategic Digital Outreach - Telling the old, old story via modern-day wineskins

Re: IE7 / CSS Problem

FYI, I was able to solve these problems.

Thanks,
Frank

Strategic Digital Outreach - Telling the old, old story via modern-day wineskins