Topic: Fatherhood

I have recently become a daddy, my son is 6 weeks old now and things are getting so much harder. My wife is overly worried about our finances and she has a right to be. We can't say we live from paycheck to paycheck, because she hasn't been working for over a month because so many people have been sick, and I am a freelance designer, struggling to find work, and find time to make sure I am passing my classes. My grades are dropping, and my faith is always running on low, and I always feel like I fill the tank just enough to go on for a few more days, or a week or so.

It's been a struggling balancing my life as a husband, father, designer, and christian. I need some prayer, and definitely some wisdom. Life has been stressful, really stressful, and we are hanging on by a thread as it feels like.

Re: Fatherhood

Adrian, please don't lose hope, God will provide. Have faith and don't let your spirits be worn down.  It's good that you share this with us.  Definitely will pray for you and family.

God Bless you and family.

Monica ++ Life is purposeless without God.

Praying for ya bud, have missed seeing you online, but I hope you're having an amazing time with your son! Keep faith, God provides even if it comes about in the strangest of ways at the strangest of times.

You're on my list.

Put all your trust in God.  He has a plan for you and He loves you.  Live in that.

Honored to Serve for Him - Tom ('Mas) Pickering <)><

How's thing going now? Have been praying for you since last post.

Things are much better on the relationship side of things. Finances, as for everyone, are still in the red zone.

Thanks for praying.

Last edited by Adrian (2009-11-17 04:33:20)

Adrian, Becoming a dad/parent is a great thing and  truely a blessing from *GOD*!  Although we feel more responsibility and yes stress on the home front for those of us who were once new at it!  It soon seems that the years will soon fly by and you will wonder how did you miss it?  All the time as you were dealing with lives obstacles along the way;  time will get away from you if you aren't careful!  I find myself wishing I could go back and spend my time with lesser stress and enjoy my child's years once again!

Life has always been hard for me and always has had it's problems;  but somehow or someway *GOD* seems to bless us with what we need!  I've heard *CHRIST*-ians say I had it better before I was saved and it reminds me of the Hebrews when they were in the wilderness complaining and saying that they had it better when they were under bondage in Egypt!

Just a *WORD* of encouragement;  when we were dead in our sins and living to the ways of the world as I remember it;  it was very hard for me and I lived in constant fear of dying without *CHRIST* in my life!  There was no peace!  Although when we become *CHRIST*-ians;  things are still hard;   we have something that we did not have before!  An advocate that will take our petitions to the *FATHER* on our behalf and *HE* will hear us!

*HE* will fight our battles!  *HE* wants to help us!  I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better and It thrills me to hear of blessings such as children!  They are straight from *GOD* and they help make life a little more tolerable!  I still struggle with the everday stresses;  but having my child is truely a blessing that I would never want to live without!  Enjoy your child/ren because *GOD* has richly given you and your wife a blessing!

There will continue to be hard times and good times;  but *GOD* is shaping us into  better people;  that through all these struggles we are being made much stronger and more in the likeness of *CHRIST*;  *HIS* *SON*!   Continue to hang in there and stay in the *WORD* of *GOD* and *HE* will never forsake those who are obedient to *HIS* gospel!

And we all need prayer;  so I'll try to keep you in my prayers!  Have a great *CHRIST*-mas my friend!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                    As for me and my house;  we will serve the *LORD*!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I needed them.

Hang in there, Adrian.

Praying for you, your family, and work.

"I was blind, but now I see!"  John 9:25

Well lately the pressure has been added on and I think I am going to have to quit freelancing and get a job, or just do both. But I have a crazy school schedule, and just the thought of not going back to college makes people mad. So it's terribly difficult for me to get one and we need to move out soon, because the owner is selling this house.

We found a nice rental for much cheaper, and it's much bigger, but we can't cover the cost to move. So once again I need some prayers for a miracle to happen. I am pretty much hopeless.

1 Cor 10:13 - And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

He obviously knows how strong you are to have endured this far and knows that you can, through him, endure even more, which it looks like you have been doing. You're not hopeless and you know that. smile I'll be praying for strength for you guys and for doors to be opened and closed in the circumstances you're in.

Adrian,
    Well do I know how stressful life can be!  But hang in there and be encouraged when thinking on biblical examples which are there for our learning!  Find anchor versus in the scripture and totally lean upon the *LORD*!  *HE* will never leave you or forsake you once you have submitted to *HIM* by being obedient to the *GOSPEL*!

I think about what David went through and Daniel ; not to mention Paul being shipwrecked and at times even left for dead!  It is *GOD* who gives the increase!  We may not have what we think we need at times;  but it does seem to me that we always get what we need someway or another!

I encourage you in the faith and sometimes there are other options that you may not see;  that *GOD* could have placed right there for you and your benefit!  They may be right under your nose so to speak!  Try to keep a *SPIRITURAL* eye opened and seek *GOD*s guidance!  *HE* always knows best and sometimes we are being shaped and molded through what seems to be turmoil or adversity!

I'll continue to pray that *GOD* will guide you and comfort you because when you come right down to it;  *HE* is the *ONE* who knows everytime a sparrow falls to the ground or the very count of the hair upon your head!  I wish you the best and stay in *HIS* *WORD* as much as possible!  *HE* knows the big picture when all we see sometimes is what is in front of us!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                  As for me and my house;   we will serve the *LORD*!

Last edited by Dwayne Whitley (2010-02-01 19:45:22)

Miracle happened on moving btw. We found a much better place than that and it's even lesser of a rental. Of course, things come and try and ruin it, but I won't be the bearer of bad news tonight.

Hi Adrian,

How're things now?

Monica

Thanks for asking Monica. It's been a busy year. I finished up this semester even with all the busyness and pressure of freelance work/fatherhood. God has blessed us with a wonderful apartment that we talked about in January and we will be here for the next year and a half, or whatever is left of it.

Thanks for the prayers. The work is always stressful, because it comes and goes, and not consistently, but God is working everything out.

I am currently pursuing my passion for photography, in addition to continuing to work on web/design and God has been blessing me there as well. Just trying to get my name out there and get some work has been a bit difficult, but I think things are looking up.

Thank you God for keeping you in good shape.  Include you in my prayers.  Be a loving father and a caring husband.