Topic: Intro video for church's theatrical production

Our church, Gracepoint Fellowship Church, hosts a major theatrical production once every two years called "Gracepoint Live" (otherwise known as G-Live). This year's theme is titled, "Undo," as in, we are unable to undo the past.

The production itself was held on April 4th of this year, and while the DVD will eventually be pumped out by sometime late this year, our intro video is up online. Please let me know what you think!

http://www.vimeo.com/3993031

Re: Intro video for church's theatrical production

I liked it and thought it was an interesting video. I liked the idea of the screen being split with the two persons and showing one in reverse and the other going forward telling their story. Keep up the good work.

How did the production go?

Exercise your faith!

Thanks, Yannick!
The production itself went smoothly, for the most part. Unfortunately, the auditoriums at UC Berkeley (yes, Berkeley is our mission field) were either booked or too expensive, so we transformed a nearby middle school's auditorium into something production-worthy. In order to fit ~2000 people, we split Gracepoint Live into three showings. Needless to say, everyone was dead tired at the end of the day. A long day, but a good day.

BTW, I like your site! It's clean and cute. Hope all's well in Jamaica!

wow that was pretty sweet... that had to be some precise story boarding... Great video!

Thanks, Russell. Let's just say we had to practice a lot -- even without the actors. The hardest parts were building something that can shoot out powder fast enough, and finding an umbrella that doesn't break under the water pressure.

I was told that they played this at the Willow Creek Arts Conference this past year. Anybody go to that (and see this)?