Topic: Christian School Website Mock up

Did another one for a school that moved into our church this past year, I've been very active with them coaching football and will be teaching some as well. Here is the original and here is the mock up

Re: Christian School Website Mock up

Well, first off, anything will be a major improvement than what they got! The background for the Sub-headings (Prospective Students, Main Campus, & High School) makes it hard to read the text. I would try and rework the background somehow. Also, I would get rid of the drop shadow and the 3 boxes and just have them as hard lines instead. Good start though!

Here is full size, it is easier to read on here...
http://www.thebearsloft.com/school_mockup.jpg

I would still say change it just a little bit. I would make the gradient a little bit darker on the bottom.

Also, try making the navigation text bigger too! I think, as of right now, users will just miss it because the font is too small!

new changes - http://www.thebearsloft.com/tcs.jpg

That looks a lot better, the only other thing I would suggest is adding some purple to the gray area, like maybe making the date boxes purple. Just some ideas, but much better than the last design.

Russell Brown,  I think i see what you are trying to convey!  Purple and gold speak royalty!  As one said before; anything is better than what they had and I'm not the best designer; and here comes the but; but the top silver nav band seems to be a little bit out of place pattern and color wise!

Nice job with overall content!  I would do something about the navigation band and tone the purple down a tad; not much; but so the background does not consume the content. The band and background draw your eyes away from the content!  Nice picture header!

That's just my opinion; and everyone has one!  Hope I did not say too much!  Just that I noticed my eyes automatically go to everything but the content.

Have a nice week!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                       As for me and my house; we will serve the *LORD!

I agree about the silver, have you tried it with the same gold as on the news/calendar section? Might do the trick.

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!