Topic: Renewed Prayer Request

Since last I posted about my wife, much has happened.  She completed her final chemo treatment on the 13th of October and then began arrangements to begin radiation.  We were told she would have 35 treatments over the course of 7-1/2 weeks, finishing up near the end of December.  3 days before her marker appointment, she started experiencing a pain in her back that was reminiscent of her breast tumor pain.  She mentioned this pain at her marker appointment and, because she was having a PET scan done the next day, her marker appointment was rescheduled for 2 days after that.  On that day we learned that her breast cancer had spread to both lungs, had been present before her chemo had started and was incurable.  5 days later the oncologist told us the cancer will spread to other parts of the body and with successful treatment she could expect 1-2 years of survival, without success only months.  With my job going away at the end of December, we are in dire straights.

We know that all of this is in God's hand and His plan for us is in motion.  We don't know what that plan is or what other challenges are coming, but my wife will be going home in the not too distant future.

Please pray that our faith holds and that we remain vertical in our focus, that my waves of depression subside, and that she and I can make the best of the time we have left together.

Honored to Serve for Him - Tom ('Mas) Pickering <)><

Re: Renewed Prayer Request

Will be praying. It's so easy for me to be self-absorbed in my own problems. I'm reminded that a loved one's health is far more important than any worldly comfort.

Will be praying for you both Tom.

Exercise your faith!

I'll be praying for you and your wife Tom.

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Just prayed for you and your wife. This reminds me the sermon we had two weeks ago - Why does God allow suffering?
Psalm 23 for you.

Monica ++ Life is purposeless without God.

Man, I am sooo sorry bro. I will pray for you guys, and definitely pray for peace as well.

Tom, I am very sorry to hear this.  I will be praying for both of you.

Praying for you and your wife Tom. God will prevail through this tough time!

Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. ~ C.S Lewis

Maspick,  I'm so sorry to hear about your's and your wife's problem!  As a former cancer surviver i know how difficult these things are; not to mention how hard the treatments are and how much emotional pain is also associated with it!  I will definately pray for your wife and you!  May the *LORD* give both of you peace, strength and comfort at this time!  Hold strong to the faith as *GOD* always knows the bigger picture when we can only see a small glimpse of it!  Take care and i wish you both the best!  In *CHRIST*ian love! DW
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
                   1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man,
                    the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

We took a trip to Boston 2 weeks ago to see a doctor at the Gillette Breast Cancer Center within Boston General Hospital.  Unfortunately, this state-of the art facility could offer us no new directions than our local oncologist did.

We are now resting in His grace and planning my wife's bucket list.  We plan to squeeze as much living as we can within the time we have before she's taken Home.

maspick,   I'm sure that since you have last posted;  that you and your wife no doubt are going through some terrible things that no one wants to ever be faced with!  I have prayed for you and whenever you get the time no hurry please let us know what the situation is now!

I feel your pain as I have said before;  I have been through cancer and also many of my family have died from it!  So I just want you to know that I'm still praying and I hope that your wife and you are not having to suffer too much!  When we are at home with *GOD*; we have the promise of no more tears, sorrow,  pain, death or woe!   It will be a great time then and forever!  I'm sorry that you and your wife are having it so hard now!

Please know that people out here care and are praying!  Take care!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
                           All things work together for the good to those who love the *LORD*!

Things are as good as they can under the circumstances.  Tomorrow is my last day of regular employment.  In January, we will be traveling west to spend some time with our daughter in AZ who we haven't seen in over 2 years, my wife's aunt in CA, and my grandmother who just turned 104.  God has provided a generous stipend to carry us for a few months and then I will be taking on as much freelance work as I can handle.

Hi Tom,

Hope your travels across the country go well. Praying for safe journeys for you and your wife as you travel to see family.

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Bro I am praying for you. Love ya man. You are so strong right now and that's what your wife needs.