Re: Introduce Yourself

Our talents with websites are but some of the gifts bestowed upon us by God. smile

Honored to Serve for Him - Tom ('Mas) Pickering <)><

Hi Mary, glad there's another progressive metal lover on here. smile

thanks, i am really looking forward to the new and upcoming album of dream theater wink

Hello.

My name is Andrew Meyer and I work as a web designer (and a tiny bit of developer) in Des Moines, Iowa.

I am the web site manager at my church in Des Moines. Our network of sites is growing pretty quickly, and I'm looking forward to having a community where I can get some input on some of the questions we're facing as we expand out web presence.

I think what's going on here at Godbit is pretty cool and I'm excited to be a part of it more.

My church's website is: http://www.walnutcreekcc.org
My website is: http://www.rewdy.com

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" -- Psalm 107:1

Welcome Andrew!  Compared to many of the members, you're relatively close to me geographically.  I think you're going to find this to be a wonderful resource for things web and Christ related. smile

That’s my 2¢.  :^{>

G'day.

smile

My name is Eric Bae, residing in Sydney Australia, MATE! smile I am a software engineer, data mining researcher, prolific Web 2.0 guy, and one sold out to Jesus.

Personally, I don't think we (Christians) are doing enough to proliferate the Web with God's awesome stuff (especially in Australia)! and I love Godbit for what it's doing.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!

How about a re-introduction? See post #505.

Basically I have been on a whirlwind adventure of getting and losing jobs, increasing graphic skills, going to school for multimedia, family issues, etc. Started back at school this year and have been through advanced Photoshop and beginning web development. I am starting to enjoy web design (design....not development. ha ha.), but my love is reignited in the Flash class I'm taking now.

I plan to post a lot more here. See you chaps around.

Hi guys

I've enjoyed poking around some of the threads here this morning.  I'm Christy - we've recently launched a new CMS geared toward churches.  www.web-fishers.com

We have lots of work to do, but we know God is in this thing so it'll be an interesting ride!

Welcome Christy.  God speed with your project. smile

That's my 2 cents :^{>

Hi everybody,

I don't think I have ever introduced myself since I've become a member of the site. I'm Monica, born in an international city now part of China.  Like Eric Bae, I'm now living in Sydney, Australia.

I work in the IT industry, but nowhere near web design and web development.  I learned about godbit through the book Textpattern Solutions.  I'm now a fan of all the authors of the book.  By saying that I mean I'd love reading their articles/blogs and admire their wisdom and generosity of sharing knowledge and experiences.

I'm not young when compared to most (all?) of you.  I started my computer career in late 1979 cool, and would like to continue so for another 20 years if that's God's plan.

I started website development just because there were no other techo in my church (about 100 adults) and we all think that a web presence is critical to bring local people to our church.  The task is quite daunting as I hadn't set up a website before. It was also a heavily mundane task when the inital site was built on plain html pages.  If I wanted to change the header, navigation buttons or footer, I had to modify all several ten pages!  A nice guy, Neil Atwood, a friend (now a deacon in another church) of the pastor, offered me a test site on textpattern to play with, and after a year's of on and off hard work, I now have a new church website with blogging power.  I'm waiting for people to use that facility!

I'm really thankful to all the Christians people around me and this site.  I hope that I know how to build beautiful graphics like you guys.  (You can't train an old dog to do new tricks?) roll

By the way, I'm still having problem in getting the calendar of events (plugin: smd_calendar) work on the church site and the outstanding task of setting up a podcast function for ipod.

My church websites: Main (www.stpeterseastlindfield.org.au) & Youth (www.stpetesyouth.org.au).  Critiques are welcome.  Are there any other aussie guys in this community who build TXP websites?  Eager to learn from you.

Blessings to all the geeks here.

Monica ++ Life is purposeless without God.

Welcome Monica!

Should we reintroduce ourselves if we are coming back? lol

I plan on working on some web projects in the near futrue and could really use ya'lls in put...
Talking to David Russell at the Dirt Conference made me remember you guys again. I hope you all don't mind me hanging around some.

smile

Welcome back, Russell! smile

Hello there, my name is Chelsea.  I'm a digital media artist.
big_smile

Welcome Chelsea.  How did you come to know about godbit?

Monica ++ Life is purposeless without God.

I just ran into it one day...

Welcome Chelsea. Glad you found Godbit and hope you'll find the people and content helpful. Blessings on you.

Exercise your faith!

Welcome Chelsea! You're from FL I used to live in FT. Myers, I bet it's pretty nice there right now.

Yeah it is pretty nice now.   Too bad I moved back home sad lol
It's cccoolllddd...