Topic: A prayer for the Grimes family please

Hello everyone, I post here today in hopes that I can find some prayer for my family. Let me give you a bit of back story if I may:

Two years ago my family and I moved back to Pensacola, FL. from Springfield, MO. Ever since then our lives have tumbled out of control.

1.) When I moved I lost my position as a web developer for The Amplified Group. I began work in FL as an electrician. Things were good for about 2 years and boom, I got laid off in March of this year. Not a big deal because I had another electrician job within 3 days time, but, I was just laid off from that job on Monday of last week with no prospects for employment to be found.

2.) My wife, Terri, on May 27 gave birth to our third child and has been out of work for the last 12 weeks, but on Tuesday of last week she had to have back surgery because of a bulging mass between her L4 and L5, so now she will be out of work for much longer than expected and FMLA runs out on Aug 18 and she will be forced to apply for another position at the hospital she works at.

So, basically, we have 3 kids, no income, and mounting bills out the wazoo.

P.S. I apologize for dumping this in here, but I really needed to get this out so I could grasp it myself. Also if anyone has any extra web work they could send my way, my family and I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you everyone.

Last edited by Shawn Grimes (2009-08-11 18:52:06)

Re: A prayer for the Grimes family please

Shawn,

I too was in a similar situation.  I lost my job with a start-up and until last week I was out of work for about a month a half.   What has transpired during that time has strengthened my faith and brought me closer to God.   I pray you and your wife are able to turn this over to the lord and allow him to see you through this event in your life.  May God bless you and watch over you.

\o/

I'll definitely be praying for you and your family Shawn. May the Lord provide for you and your family and bring you happiness and peace. May he bless you with every good thing and so much more.

Exercise your faith!

Thank you both for the well wishes and prayers. It means a lot.

Shawn,

Praying for you and your family.

Not sure if you saw the post earlier this week, but there's a graphic designer position at SiteOrganic that sounds perfect for you: http://godbit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4581

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Thank you Deborah. Yes I did see that job opportunity, but I live in Pensacola, FL and I am in no position to move anywhere at this point.

Shawn,

When I saw the position description included "Telecommute option", I thought of your post. But now I see the description also has "on-site position" included.

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

I'll be praying for you Shawn.

@revans, thank you, I appreciate it.

Update: Still no job to date. Have called most of my creditors and they have done all they say they can do for me. I have gotten some unemployment, but not nearly enough to make a dent in my current outgoing bills. We have gotten some government assistance as well for food. I greatly appreciate all the prayers guys. Thank you all.

Hi Shawn,

I fully understand how you feel in your circumstances because my cousin is also out of job for 6 months and his employer has not fully paid his salary since last year.  I've just prayed for you and family and that God open door to you soon. 

God Bless,

Monica

Monica ++ Life is purposeless without God.

Shawn,  I can definately relate to you in some degree.  I had to go out of work about 5 yrs ago due to a broken back and failed back surgery syndrome not to mention the after effects of chemo and radition that i had yrs back!  I was scared and had to quit my job with the possibility of either being approved or not approved for disability!  I had to wait 2 yrs to be approve for SS disability and fortunately after quitiing my job;  i was blessed 3 months later to be able to draw a little off of my work related retirement disability!  It seemed that when i needed money really badly that the guys i had worked with surprised me with some money that they took up for me!  It seems that *GOD* always makes a way and i want to encourage you!  *GOD* will provide for *HIS* sheep!  I know times are hard and uncertain and with your talent and you being in Florida;  you may want to take advantage of talking to various tourists sites like piers, charter fishing boats, restaraunts and so forth to offer a cut rate price for your web design services;  to help them promote tourism and business!  It seems that there are always things to do;  maybe not a secure stable job,  but possibly some opportunities that could help until you can find something permanent!  I'll definately be in prayer for you! 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
     I hope this scripture will encourage you when *JESUS* spoke this to *HIS* disciples --Mt 6:30 - Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?