Topic: Duplicating/removing form fields with jQuery

I'm working on a form that basically lets users add timeslots to an event. They add a timeslot via a set of fields (start date, end date, start time, end time, etc.). An event will have 1 to many timeslots, so the user can add as many timeslots as they want. Once an event has been saved, the user can then update/remove timeslots.

So what I'm working on is a jQuery script that clones all of the timeslot-related fields via an "Add" button and removes them via a "Delete" button. Code Lindley's "Duplicate Form Inputs" script has been immensely useful, but from what I can see, it only assumes that duplicate fields will be added, submitted, and that's it.

However, this is where I run into a brick wall because all of this information will be submitted into a DB and can then be modified (i.e., users can remove/update saved timeslots). Essentially, I'm trying to develop something akin to the FieldFrame FF Matrix fieldtype (for you ExpressionEngine users out there).

Does anyone know of any tutorials, plugins, etc. that speak to this part of functionality. I feel like I'm very close, but I'm also something of a jQuery n00b, and I just feel like I'm in a little over my head right now. Any help would be appreciated.

I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come...