Topic: Church Site Redesign

Hello Godbit family.

I've just redesigned my church website and I need for you all to give me some honest feedback. One thing that is bugging me is making the site pixel perfect for IE6. But I guess everyone has issues with this browser.  Here are the issues that remain.

All IE6 related issues:
1. The logo jumps to my desired position when hovered.
2. On the Times & Directions page you can't see any footer information.

If any of you could give feedback with some helpful tips to fix these problems, that would be great!

URL: www.crossroads-faith.org

Thanks Godbit family.

Proverbs 12:14 - Wise words bring many benefits, and hard work brings rewards.

Re: Church Site Redesign

IE6 Issues:
1. Try setting the position value to relative and top to 0px. I don't know if that will work, but that's where I would start.
2. I had no problem seeing the footer information.

Design-wise, I'd say you've got a good start. The colors are too strong for me, especially that red. Are you using the red, because it's in your logo? If so, maybe soften it too match the logo color (unless that become too pink). Also the splatters you have on the side are great touch, but I'd drop the opacity of them, along with the footer to about 1/3 of where they are now.

I like the idea of the outer glow (I think that's what you did), but I'd like to see a darker color used (maybe even use black and play with the blending mode). I think this could add some needed depth to the design.

I like your layout; it's clean and easy to follow.

Good job.

Last edited by Jim Arment (2009-07-08 06:40:09)

Thanks Jim for the feedback. That's what I needed to read. I especially agree with you on the red background, that it is too strong.

I'll continue to work on the logo so that it doesn't bounce around.

Proverbs 12:14 - Wise words bring many benefits, and hard work brings rewards.

I like the overall design! smile Simple and intuitive layout! and well structured content!

I agree with Jim though. The middle "Red/pink" colour seems slightly out of place. I think maybe a darker red might suit too. I've seen blue/red combination work quite nicely and they were usually darker red + darker blue (almost maroon + navy) combination.

Also I think the sub menus can also be jazzed up a little bit more. There are heaps of CSS navigation templates available on the web. You might be inspired! smile For example, http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde … thmenu.htm

GOOD LUCK! smile