Topic: Another redesign of FBCJax.com

Tried to do a more clean design than the previous - which started to become a bear to maintain. Really love Expression Engine. Makes the maintanence a breeze. Still working on the footer area, though.

I'm still learning the ropes of EE, but Michael Boyink has been invaluable at making it more clear.  I used Nathan's awesome 960.gs as the foundation, but modified it to fit my goal. Became a Franken60 smile

One thing is frustrating, though...it shows this blog directory (set to hide on load), still shows on load. I have it loading through jQuery document ready, but it still doesn't hide right off. Any ideas why?

Last edited by bchalker (2009-04-13 18:20:31)

Re: Another redesign of FBCJax.com

Looks great! Really like the header

Re: Another redesign of FBCJax.com

One thing is frustrating, though...it shows this blog directory (set to hide on load), still shows on load. I have it loading through jQuery document ready, but it still doesn't hide right off.

Can you explain this a little more. Do you not want the "blog directory" drop down to show on the home page? You could use a conditional comment combine with URL segments.

For example:

{if segment_1 != ""}Blog directories code goes here{/if}

Basically that code says if segment_1 of the URL is not blank display "Blog Directory".

I don't know if that's what you're looking for.