Topic: EE | Is LG Matrix the solution?

I've got a section on our website that has our church's prayer list. It's has it's own weblog with separate fields for each category (healing, financial, answered prayer, etc).

The pastor enters data:
[individual's name] - [prayer request]

I want to be able to style the name as bold, without her needing to use tags. Would I be able to use LG Matrix to accomplish this.

I haven't used it before but have heard good things about it.

Re: EE | Is LG Matrix the solution?

LG Matrix would be fine. Brandon Kelly's Field Frame (and the accompanying FF Matrix) is the next evolution of Data Matrix.

If the prayer list has it's own weblog, wouldn't you be able to do one entry per request?
And use a category group to assign which category the request belongs to?

There's a required category extension out there somewhere, which is great when you require categories. smile

I second FF Matrix... It's pretty much a required extension (thanks AJ!). But yes, if it's running as a weblog, just use one entry per request, and categories as needed.

Ninjas and pirates both agree: cowboys suck.

FF matrix is cool, but unnecessary in this case.  Set the name field formatting to "none"  and mark it up in the template with strong tags and you're done.

I foregoed FF Matrix in favor of using multiple weblog entries with categories. I've got a training session with the primary content author tomorrow. I'm expecting things to work well, but I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the help.