Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi all,  I am a student at American Intercontinental University (Houston) currently working towards my bachelor's Degree in Visual Communication and an avid believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.  I began working with the web while in highschool and fell in love with the aspect of designing websites.  The degree i am working towards is a broad ranging graphics design degree but I have been attempting to wrap my mind around coding languages like javascript  and some php (i know html and css on what I would say an intermediate level).  When I found this site I was overjoyed; to find a place where i could meet other believers who shared a passion in these web languages but also loved Jesus is a delight.  I pray that there will be a few things i could contribute as worthy discussions in this forum.

If any of you could find the time to give me any advice on my work i would be greatly appreciative.   My current website is :

www.philoveracity.com

And if there is anyone who would be willing to be a mentor in code to a soon to be graduate  It would be a great blessing.

my email is:  verious.smith[at]gmail.com

Or if there is anyone who would just like to talk about how awesome and good God is please contact me at the email above.

In Him,

Verious B. Smith III

Last edited by Ulive2Christ (2008-06-29 19:15:27)

Welcome, Verious!  I'm sure you'll find a lot of help here as you move forward with your learning.

Honored to Serve for Him - Tom ('Mas) Pickering <)><

Hello All...

I have been here and there and finally just got around posting my bio. I am an ASP.NET C# applications and web developer. I am also in the Army Reserves 5 active and 6 Reserves as an Intel Analyst. I am married with two kids both girls 3 and 8 years old.

I have a BSIT degree from Univ of Phoeniz and this year I have switched to a focus of Theology. I am attending Liberty University for a Masters of Divinity in Church Ministries. I don't know where that will lead me but I have internal nudges to Gods work full time. When it happens it will happen, I am preparing for it right now. I hope to use my Technology experience and education for fulfilling the Great Commission.

Some other info:
www.ad5qa.com
www.choicebaptist.org
yahoo,aol, twitter: ad5qa
gmail: jenkinsta
http://www.oaktreeidea.com/ad5qa

† Taj

Welcome!  You're amongst good company here of techno-geeks with a passion for code and communion with God. smile

Yo, my name is Jesse and I'm a new to the forum's here. I'm a web designer out of Minneapolis who works at a small advertising firm in town. I found the Godbit site through David at the Frog CMS site, though I think I found it awhile ago when doing a Google search. Good stuff, keep up the great articles and discourse. Figured I should stop in and say hi as ya'll seem to have a lot of similar interests to my own.

If you want, you can check out my website for more information about me or to check out the portfolio. JesseSutherland.com

Welcome to the forum Jesse!! Based on your good looking website and the type of sites you publish, looks like you'll fit right in here.

Last edited by Mithrill (2008-07-24 19:11:24)

He will return...

Welcome Jesse, good to have you board!

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!

Hi Jesse,

It's "redcrew" from the Frog forums; I commented on one of your Frog forum posts. Great job on the Oasis site. Glad to see you here!

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Welcome everyone.

Hello everyone.  I found myself at Godbit while looking for some CodeIgniter tutorials.  Not only were the tutorials helpful, but I'm really glad that I found this site.  It's nice to find a place that squarely shares my faith and my interests in web design.

I'm a married father of 3 daughters who has been doing web design only for about a year and a half.  My primary job is an assistant chief in a midwestern police department.  I started out doing some intranet sites in our police department, and that led to a few outside jobs.  I have a great primary job and I have no desire to jump away from that toward web design.  I'll probably keep with it as time allows and maybe take it on stronger when I reach retirement.  Even though I just hit the big 4-0 this year, I'm going to try really hard to keep up.

I really - really - like the fact that this is a Christian community and I look forward to spending some time here.  My site is here for the curious.

Greg

Greg -- Welcome! I'm glad you found our community.

Give me liturgy or give me death.

Welcome Greg! Glad the tutorials were helpful and also helped you to find the Godbit community. It's nice to have you join us. Nice website by the way. smile

Exercise your faith!

I've missed you guys.

My last post here was almost a year ago, and until this morning I didn't realize what I was missing. A nice person emailed me yesterday to give me props on one of our discussions...so I thought I'd check in. Here's what I found:

The time I spent here in years past had a sharpening effect on me. I was forced to think clearly about my craft, and to consider how to be the very best web designer I can be. No other forum has had that kind of impact on me both personally and professionally, and so I'm back. The past few months have been very difficult and have made me wonder why I'm not as enthusiastic about my work as I once was. I think that some of my enthusiasm came from being sharpened by sharp people like you, and I've missed it.

Thanks, Nathan...

We're all looking forward to the future...but none of us more than the giant, evil robots.

Nice to have you back, Tony!!!  You've been missed. neutral

Welcome Greg, Godbit is surely a great place! And welcome back Tony, nice to see that username around again. smile

Thanks, Mas...you're so kind!

We're all looking forward to the future...but none of us more than the giant, evil robots.

Hello everyone,
My name is Alex Grover and I am based out of PA. I have been a computer guy since I first got my hands on a Macintosh back in 1995. Since then, I became fascinated by web design and graphic design.
I have been designing websites for over five years and recently launched my online portfolio, www.fallingautumn.com.

I love designing, it is a big hobby of mine, and I have learned most of what I know through tutorials and online forums. Though I never joined many forums, when I heard about Godbit, I was more then enthusiastic about becoming a member.

This is truly a unique community, one that is not only encouraging others in their technological capabilities, but also in their faith.
I feel truly privileged to be a part of this community.
God bless!

Welcome Alex!  You've come to the right place! smile

Hi Alex, welcome to Godbit!

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Thanks for accepting my request. I am now a proud member of Godbit. I love to play around with Joomla and PHP though I don't have any formal education with both of them. I just love to. I have built a site for our church at www.zcfmumbai.org and will be changing the template soon. As of late, I love wordpress and I'm not a pro however I can build website, most of them are through trial and error method.. haha

Regards
Muang naulak
http://twitter.com/mnowluck

Last edited by mnowluck (2009-05-03 09:39:40)

Once again, welcome Muang! smile

Exercise your faith!

Glad to have you here, Muang. smile

Hello,

my name is maria and i am called mary since my daddy had seen me for the first time. Since the "mary accounts" are often used before i began to use the nickname maery.

I study theology here in the south of germany (for a Diploma, just the same as the catholic priests do) and started a webdesign project in the early days of my studies i.e 4 years ago (i have been interested in computers and webdesign since many yeears). It became more and more successful and therefore i think about, doing this as a "real professional", when i finish university next year. Many customers are people from or around the church and its an interesting process to work like this, both as a theologian and a we webdesigner.

I am currently using a mac pro g4, but i am waiting for the new power book, i ordered. Before that i was an enthusiastic user of ubuntu (still using on an old laptop up to now).

I am enjoying heavy, progressive metal (like Dream Theater etc.), playing Golf and watching Snooker.

See you soon and many greetings from Germany.
Maria/maery

Welcome to Godbit, Maery!  Sounds like you found a good fit here. smile

thank you and: i actually did a little "jump of joy"! wink i thought i am alone: at least in germany webdesign/technology and theology are two things that can`t be more different and diveded.

Last edited by maery (2009-05-05 09:48:08)