Topic: On Digg: Aetheist and Agnostic Uprising in the Name of Science

Man. Such a sign of the times. It's amazing how all the pro-God statements are pushed below the "viewing threshold"

I've never used digg. This was really my first exposure. It's funny. I thought it was news about news that mattered to people or something like that, but just like mainstream media, faith is being dismissed and thwarted and selfish ambitions are being exalted by a majority who just want to hear that they're right.

If you have a digg account, try to go through and bring some of the pro-faith statements above the digg threshold.

http://digg.com/general_sciences/Scienc … NOT_faiths

…for He is like a Refiner’s Fire and like fullers’ soap. Malachi 3:2

Re: On Digg: Aetheist and Agnostic Uprising in the Name of Science

There were a few times that my site was on Digg's front page, which led to me just blocking access to my site from Digg altogether.

http://sonspring.com/journal/deflecting-digg

Needless to say, I'm not fond of the Digg. The idea is great, but it's the types of people who troll the posts that make it terrible. I agree though, it is a natural reflection of human nature. Anonymity + venue for communication = unbridled depravity. My advice, check Digg for potentially interesting articles, but don't even bother reading the comments.

Give me liturgy or give me death.

I hear ya. There is just something that doesn't appeal to me about it. I know what mainstream media is. I know what the world likes to see.... that's why I don't have cable TV.

It was just interesting to see the blatant bias from a "news" site. *sigh*

I have to say though, Nate. Quite interesting on your part for blocking the Digg posts. Most people would die to have traffic flow from a front page listing like that. We can always look to you go against the worldly grain. God bless ya, bro!

…for He is like a Refiner’s Fire and like fullers’ soap. Malachi 3:2

Nathan Smith wrote:

Anonymity + venue for communication = unbridled depravity.

Penny-Arcade covered that one quite well (Warning: profanity - not sure on GB stance about posting stuff like this, someone please edit the post if you feel it's offensive [or let me know and I will])

Oh, and I don't bother with Digg - the interesting stuff gets to Wired or Slashdot eventually smile

Last edited by pnomolos (2007-08-02 14:54:53)

"Take up your cross before your crown" :: http://no-spec.com

pnomolos wrote:

Penny-Arcade covered that one quite well (Warning: profanity - not sure on GB stance about posting stuff like this, someone please edit the post if you feel it's offensive [or let me know and I will])

Brilliant!

Last edited by opus (2007-08-02 16:24:30)

I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come...

I get most of my "news", if you even want to call it that... via Popurls.com. It aggregates the top stories on digg, reddit, slashdot and more...

Atheism is definitely popular on digg. It's frustrating that every time God or religion in general is mentioned, there is a very vocal group of people that will ridicule those that bring the subjects of. Even mentioning something like "Thank God" earns ridicule.

To each his own, I suppose. The only thing I guess I can say to them is: "Pray that you're right. God help you if you're not."

{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \(^o^)/

cdharrison wrote:

I get most of my "news", if you even want to call it that... via Popurls.com. It aggregates the top stories on digg, reddit, slashdot and more...

Atheism is definitely popular on digg. It's frustrating that every time God or religion in general is mentioned, there is a very vocal group of people that will ridicule those that bring the subjects of. Even mentioning something like "Thank God" earns ridicule.

To each his own, I suppose. The only thing I guess I can say to them is: "Pray that you're right. God help you if you're not."

Now, I don't agree with some things. If someone says, "bless you" to me when I sneeze, I say thank you, just because it is polite. However, there is this kid in my class, who knows I'm an atheist, and purposefully says, every time, "May Allah always be with you." lol I say thank you, but it bothers me that he does this to try and get a response.

However, I would consider myself very patient, possibly because I've grown up with this stuff.

I need to point out, though, that all atheists do is use words. We do not blow ourselves up in the name of atheism. We, or at least I, encourage free thinking and rational thought. When someone says "Thank God," it is important to bring to attention why are we thanking God? Did he really do anything? Did he really change his will for us? If so, why doesn't he change his will for those starving children in Africa?

I like digg for top news stories on gaming, apple, entertainment, and even some politics. But as a Christ apprentice, it is disheartening to consistently see any article that is dugg up, even if it has only minimal touch points with religion, have comment after comment that I feel makes people of faith (also read "me") out to be unrealistic and stupid. On the same note, its equally frustrating when Christians minimize science and dismiss scientists for simply not believing in God. It will be a great day when the perceived war between faith and science is shown to be the true sham.

@cdharrison: Thanks for the popurls.com tip, think I might start using that big_smile

@designfire: No problem!

{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \(^o^)/

yes how true...some people believe in God and science...and no am not a scientolgy member.

Jesus will return

Just to address every Atheist for a moment!  As a *CHRIST*ian i am bound to *GOD* first and have to persuade you to think about a few things!  Man try to explain everything away that they do not understand!  That is their nature.  I would like to ask everyone who considers themselves atheist to read and study the KJV Bible;  both Old and New Testaments and read to learn exactly what the scriptures are saying;  why they are saying what they are and who they are speaking to.

I personally do not believe that a man is nor could ever be smart enough to write something that covers everything and ties together so well from age to age nor from scriptures found all over the world in different places and different times that go so perfectly together; hand in hand!

Then ask yourselves about evolution;  the big bang theory and which really makes the most sense!

If evolution took place;  ask yourselves;  why do we not see monkeys and so to be mankind in every or diferent stages of evolution now?  Men look like men!

If the Big Bang took place;  ask yourselves if something so complex and so well put together has ever been acomplished by an explosion that you know of?  All i've ever seen from explosions is total kaos!

Everyone one wants answers;  that is natural!  But nothing men offer makes sense;  you have to admit!  So if you believe or you (have faith in man's answers) key word faith;  why can't there be an intelligent creator?  This is more possible in my mind than an explosion causing everything to work so well together;  both on earth and in space!

I challenge you all to read the Bible with an open mind for true knowledge from front to back;  in order and over time and see if you still can be an atheist at heart if you are truly honest with yourself afterwards!  And ask yourself if *GOD* does exist;  how can we the creation think that we are smarter than *GOD* if you determine that the likelyhood of an intelligent creator makes more sense than the various theories men offer (key words- various theories- nothing absolute nor proven)!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                                                      The *WORD* to live by: To live is *CHRIST*;  to die is gain!