Topic: Need PHP help! MDB2_Error::execute()

Hi all! This is my first post, though I have lurked here a long time.

I am having an error with PHP and a PEAR library that is throwing this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method MDB2_Error::execute() in /blah/blah/blah/file.php on line 24

This is line 24 in my code:

$res = &$sql->execute(array());

This makes me think that I'm not connecting to the database correctly or that I have an issue with the MDB2 for PEAR. I've checked everything I know to check but I am still having this issue. I'm not much of a PHP programmer though.

I'm running PHP5/mySQL5 and  have the following Pear libs installed:

HTML_Template_Flexy - Yes
Mail - Yes
Mail_Mime - Yes
Mail_mimeDecode - Yes
Mail_Queue - Yes
HTTP - Yes
HTTP_Client -Yes
SOAP - Yes
HTML_QuickForm - Yes used HTML_Common2.
MDB2 - Yes
MDB2_Driver_mysql - Yes
Numbers_Words - Yes
Text_Password - Yes
HTTP_Upload - Yes

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Re: Need PHP help! MDB2_Error::execute()

are you looking at a php_info() dump to see if the MDB2_Driver_mysql is installed? Or how are you making sure that it is? It seems like there is something wrong there since it can;t find that method. and that methos def a part of MDB2_Driver_mysql

I dream with an XML intereface

tank wrote:

are you looking at a php_info() dump to see if the MDB2_Driver_mysql is installed? Or how are you making sure that it is? It seems like there is something wrong there since it can;t find that method. and that methos def a part of MDB2_Driver_mysql

I ran the check.php that comes with the PEAR libraries to tell me that they are installed. This worked fine on an older version of PHP and MySQL so I'm with you... It has to be something with the new version of MDB2. What should I do?

I went and checked the versions of MDB2 and MDB2_Driver_Sql and it is all the most recent versions. Is it possible that it's just not compatible with the new version of PERL and MySQL that we upgraded to?

can you put a info.php file on your server (where you see your errors) and put the following in it:

<?PHP
phpinfo();
?>

then link to it here. I'd like to take a lot at what you have to offer up some help.

Thanks so much tank... Here is the link: https://70.32.80.110:8443/sitepreview/h … angelo.php

i'm getting a page not found error

tank wrote:

i'm getting a page not found error

You may need to accept the security certificate. If you'd rather not, let me know and I will post the output.

Looks like that by default it will throw that error on a SQL typo. Seems kinda dumb to me to not give more info on a SQL error.

Here are some workarounds to help see where the SQL issue is.

http://www.pear-forum.org/topic1244.html