Topic: Form issues

I have an issue with forms, a big issue and that is, the PHP part of it. I can create a form, but have no where to put it because I don't know any php. I would hate for people to fill it out and then have to use their email like Outlook or Windows Mail or iMail or something. Any suggestions? Should I go for using Wufoo? Or does that not help either.

Re: Form issues

Adrian wrote:

I have an issue with forms, a big issue and that is, the PHP part of it. I can create a form, but have no where to put it because I don't know any php. I would hate for people to fill it out and then have to use their email like Outlook or Windows Mail or iMail or something. Any suggestions? Should I go for using Wufoo? Or does that not help either.

Try this FormMail to get you up and running quickly.  Study the code and learn how they do it.

Honored to Serve for Him - Tom ('Mas) Pickering <)><

Do forms require PHP?

Or are you working in WordPress, which seems to require PHP knowledge?

"I was blind, but now I see!"  John 9:25

No,it was a basic html page with a form, I got a friend of mine to help me though. Thanks!

Adrian,  I have a great mail form!  Unfortunately;  i had to pay for the code through hotscripts.com and because of their stated terms and conditions;  i cannot give it away!  The main reason that i'm bringing this up is because the way it works is that it has 3 files.  I had to style it with css which works great!  I think that if you use a mail form;  you should look for one like this one.  It does not give them your original e-mail address.  It gives them a form to fill out and when they submit it;  it then sends it to whatever e-mail address that you put in the code without their knowledge of that address.  It uses html;  css and php if i remember right!  It only cost me $2.00.  If you want;  i can see if i still have the purchase info and let you know how to obtain it!  I would love to give it to you;  but me being a *CHRIST*ian must obey all man made ordinances for the *LORD*s namesake.  If i can be of any help;  let me know!  I do not know much about php either; but this form is really simple to use and is commented well!  Have a great day!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                                               The *WORD* to live by:  To live is *CHRIST;  to die is gain!

Sorry Adrian!,
    I have found it and i can use it on as many websites as i wish!  It says that the license is unlimited;  so i guess from what i'm reading i can give it to you!  It does not state any terms or conditions along those lines!  I had it confused with other code or software i have!  So if you need it let me know!

Last edited by Dwayne Whitley (2009-02-09 13:41:01)

If you're still looking for a form solution, have a look at: http://www.swiftmailer.org/  I don't know much php but I got my form working in no time!  I use swift for all my own stuff now and it works great.

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!

@Dwayne Witney If you can share that link, I would love to have the code so I can use it for future references. I am learning some php at the moment, but haven't gotten into an emailing form yet.

jpc101 wrote:

If you're still looking for a form solution, have a look at: http://www.swiftmailer.org/  I don't know much php but I got my form working in no time!  I use swift for all my own stuff now and it works great.

swiftmailer is the BeesKness. they also have an FE branch for Form Emailer.

I dream with an XML intereface

Adrian, I emailed everything to you last night.  Let me know if you did not get it or you need help!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                                             The *WORD* to live by: To live is *CHRIST*;  to die is gain!