Topic: Anyone still using Paint Shop Pro (or any other non-Adobe tool)?

I'm updating one of my books and am now working on the chapter that discusses web graphics. Previously, I suggested Paint Shop Pro as an inexpensive entry-level web graphics package. But does anyone still use that??? In fact, does anyone use anything other than Photoshop (either full or elements) or Fireworks?!?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Wendy

Re: Anyone still using Paint Shop Pro (or any other non-Adobe tool)?

I know some people use The Gimp - but I'd bet you'd have a hard time finding anyone using anything else than those three.

Web Developer - AM Design | I specialize in XHTML, CSS, PHP and jQuery

I use a combo of Inkscape (for vector) and The Gimp (photos and things).  Both of those are on my mac and I use a really old copy of fireworks (3!) on my parallels installer.  But I only use fireworks for png crunching as and when I need it.

Also the 'leopard' version of preview has got some really nice simple photo editing stuff in in.

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!

Although we use PhotoShop, we also use Paint Shop Pro because of slightly different approaches to certain chores.  Another plus there is PSP's ability to work with and save PSD files.

Honored to Serve for Him - Tom ('Mas) Pickering <)><

My wife loves Paint Shop Pro! It is _the_ reason why she likes PC's otherwise she hates them.

I like Vector Designer and Pixelmator. Both are pretty cool applications.

Try searching this forum for

photoshop gimp

That produces a few good threads with lots of entries about this topic.

"I was blind, but now I see!"  John 9:25

Thanks everyone!!!

I use Fireworks (C3) for just about everything (web related or not) and love it. Photoshop may be more powerful, and I should probably get a copy and spend some time learning it - but every time I've tried it, I've come back to Fireworks for the more vector oriented drawing and the image slicing tools (don't bother with the HTML it spits out though).