Topic: Transparent PNG's from Fireworks

Irony of ironies I can't figure out how to export a PNG slice from such a PNG oriented program. I see JPEG, I see GIF... where's PNG?

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

Re: Transparent PNG's from Fireworks

Can't you just do a file save or a file save as, since PNG is Fireworks' default save format?

Actually you're going to want to save it as a "Flattened PNG". Select that from the dropdown, then click options to change it to a PNG 32. A Fireworks PNG is not completely browser compatible from my experience.

Web Developer - AM Design | I specialize in XHTML, CSS, PHP and jQuery

I can probably crop the whole doc down to my slice, but that's pretty annoying, and I'm not sure it would be optimized for web.

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

In the optimize panel, it's not one of the presets (like "JPEG Better Quality", etc) but it is an option in the dropdown box below the presets - the one that has the file format in it.  Should list PNG 8, PNG 24 and PNG 32.  This applies on a per slice basis too, so each slice can be a different format if you want.

Months and months later I found my solution. Under the optimize thing BaldGeek is talking about I can make a user preset that is a PNG. It then shows up as a slice type option in my regular working area. Very handy.