Topic: What do ya think about this?

I know that I do a lot of site updates and revamps, but I wanted you guys to check out my latest design and let me know what you think about it.

http://screencast.com/t/b8CnbXNgbH

Re: What do ya think about this?

Overall, I like it.  I really like the red sidebar overlapping everything like a ribbon, looks great and the logo blends in nicely up there.

Your slogan at the top reminds me a lot of the Scrubbing Bubbles slogan - not sure if that's what you're going for or not though!  I think this space might be better using by your actual name.  I see the "AR" logo on the right, but nowhere on the page does it actually say "Adrian Rodriguez."

A minor thing, but in the testimonial, make sure your name in capitalized.

Under "Case Studies" are those links?  If so I think they need to be a different color and perhaps put into a bulleted list.  At first I thought it was just a small paragraph since directly to the left there's a paragraph, but that didn't make any sense when I read it.  i think some kind of bullet points would help define that better.

Haha, glad to see I made it into your design with an @reply!
I really like the large icons in the bottom - but I don't really like how the tweets overlap the bird, it makes it a bit harder to read and you aren't doing that with the envelope to the right.  Maybe just make the twitter bird smaller?  The red link text on the grey background is hard to read here, try using something lighter.

Also, check out this article in case you want to use a different bird icon.  I'm not a big fan of that particular bird, but that's just my preference.

Looks great!

Thanks for the tips. Yes the names under case studies are links and I was planning on making them a different color. Also, your right about the twitter bird thing I got that comment twice. And your right my name doesn't come up anywhere. Thanks for the heads up. I will work on a revision.

Ok I made some slight adjustments based on some of the things you recognized. Revison

I think this is your best yet.  Nice work.  You've got a keeper.

It's very RED!  Nice job, brother. smile

Honored to Serve for Him - Tom ('Mas) Pickering <)><

If you notice a pattern in all of my latest revamps, red has been key, and gray. Plus the gray matches my business cards. big_smile

Last edited by Adrian (2008-11-21 08:34:19)

I have a slight problem. I can't figure out how to code the image!!! I am just having a brain failing moment. I tried creating a background image at the top, but when I float somethings, the background vanishes....argh!

Much better, I like the twitter bird much better now that it's smaller.  Not crazy about the black text by the tweet though, maybe a light gray so it's still lighter than the background gray, but clearly a different color than the white text.

Still thinking those case studies links need some kind of bullet points to differentiate them.

What if in the header you only put your name (stylized somehow) instead of the quote.  I'm not really crazy about a quote up there on all the pages, I think a title like your name makes more sense.

Really coming along good though, I'm really liking this design!

I think I have hit a stumbling block. I can't code my own design.

Start a post over in the CSS or HTML forum with some samples, lets take a look at it.

Thanks, will do. I have some sort of idea, but it's like trial and error, but I will post it when I get home later today.