Topic: XML errors

Hey guys, I have one last issue with the MHS sports site, and it is way over my head. In Safari, I keep getting the error: Entity 'nbsp' not defined. I have tried to understand what this means, but I really and truly have no idea. Anyways, here is the link. The error occurs on the Varsity Schedule page.

Re: XML errors

I wouldn't know any .NET if it bit me wink but there seems to be something up with the doctype/top of the page on that football section.

On that section in FF and Saf (only looked on those two) I see a ']>' at the top left of the browser (page) window.  And the doctype/top of the html looks like:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd" [
<!ENTITY &nbsp; '&#160;'>
]>
<html>

On all other pages the doctype, etc. looks like:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

I guess that's where the 'nbsp' is coming from.  That doesn't help you much but I hope it might point you in the right direction.

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!

Re: XML errors

This is one of the solutions that I tried using to fix the error. I guess I should return it to it's original state.

BTW: This error isn't there now as I went in and filled the database with "TBA". If a cell is left blank, it automatically puts in a nbsp.

Last edited by DESTOROYER (2008-10-03 12:21:56)