Topic: PHP and MySQL Help...

Hello,
I seem to have bitten off a little more then I can chew this time. I'm trying to design a small networking website and utilize a member log-in and forum. Both of which would be much like the ones used on this site. Unfortunately, I have almost no experience with PHP or MySQL programming. Does anyone know of a software program that could help ease the learning process?  Have any of you ever used PHP Nuke, and if so what do you think? Is it something that a person with very little programming experience could figure out? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

~CRPerkins

Re: PHP and MySQL Help...

You might try a CMS such as Joomla (www.joomla.org) or Drupal (www.drupal.org). I'm more familiar with Joomla. It has some discussion board add-ons that you can use. I'm pretty sure Drupal does as well.

The difference between sacred work and secular work is not what we're doing but why we're doing it. - AW Tozer

CRPerkins:

I have heard of PHP Nuke but never used it. crandaddy is right, Drupal also comes with a simple discussion board add-on to help get you up and running quickly with your small networking site. I'd say give Joomla or Drupal a try.

Exercise your faith!

Thank you to both of you for your advice. I have looked into both Joomla and Drupal and think Joomla looks like it will be especially helpful. I appreciate your imput and will let you know how it goes.

Crandaddy; Since this software is one you are more familiar with, would you be available to give me more advice should I get lost?

Thanks, 

~CRPerkins

Sure.

The difference between sacred work and secular work is not what we're doing but why we're doing it. - AW Tozer