Topic: CSS Validation "warnings" ?

Ok, did I miss a memo somewhere or what? My site up until a little bit ago validated CSS just fine with no errors and no warnings to speak of. Now, though, I'm getting a long list of "warnings" all having to with background colors in some form or another. Here is the list...

* Line : 29 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color : #container
    * Line : 44 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : #sidebar
    * Line : 63 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color : #footer
    * Line : 69 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a
    * Line : 69 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts #footer a:hover and a
    * Line : 69 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts body and a
    * Line : 74 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:hover
    * Line : 102 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts #footer a:hover and blockquote p:before
    * Line : 102 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts body and blockquote p:before
    * Line : 102 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : blockquote p:before
    * Line : 109 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts #footer a:hover and blockquote p:after
    * Line : 109 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : blockquote p:after
    * Line : 109 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts body and blockquote p:after
    * Line : 126 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : #footer p
    * Line : 126 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts #container and #footer p
    * Line : 132 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts #container and #footer a
    * Line : 132 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : #footer a
    * Line : 168 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color : .aside
    * Line : 207 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : h2 a
    * Line : 213 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : h2 a:hover
    * Line : 286 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : #navlist a:visited
    * Line : 286 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : #navlist a:visited
    * Line : 322 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : #delicious_sidebar a
    * Line : 322 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts #footer a:hover and #delicious_sidebar a
    * Line : 322 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts body and #delicious_sidebar a
    * Line : 327 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : #delicious_sidebar a:hover
    * Line : 338 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : .latestactivity small a
    * Line : 360 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color : .commentlist li
    * Line : 405 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color : #pingtrack

What is the deal? Is the CSS validator going by CSS 2 errors and warnings now or what? A little helpful knowledge on this would be appreciated.

Re: CSS Validation "warnings" ?

Shawn, I feel your pain. You're not doing anything wrong. It's the validator that has been updated (rather willy-nilly, I might add). I wrote about it here, and it turned into a pretty heated debate...

http://sonspring.com/journal/css-validator-nonsense

Give me liturgy or give me death.

hehe, We all are getting those "warnings". smile I wouldn't worry too much about it Shawn.

Exercise your faith!

Two things:

1. Is there a specific reason to use Flash in the header? It looks static, so a jpg seems the more logical choice. Have I missed something there?

2. The right sidebar looks great, but the email address is wider than the sidebar. It sticks out over the background, breaking an otherwise perfectly wonderful design. There aren't any breaks in email addresses, so they sometimes cause problems. I wonder whether the link would work better by using regular words instead of the full email? You might say

Send us <a...>an email today</a> for more info

instead. That would solve the problem.

We're all looking forward to the future...but none of us more than the giant, evil robots.

hehe general seems you posted in the wrong topic. Perhaps you can repost it in the proper place and the admin will delete it from this one. Or maybe it can be just moved directly to the proper place.

Your post should really be in this thread: http://godbit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=29

Exercise your faith!