Topic: Austin area meetups?

Just wondering if anyone is in the Austin, TX area. And if so, if you might be interested in a get-together.

-Bundles

Re: Austin area meetups?

I just moved up into the Austin area in the last month, still trying to get myself used to the layout.. Coming from Houston, so its a tad bit differant to say the least!  smile

@ElpisProsdokia yeah, I moved from the Houston area to Austin in '93 - was quite a difference!

I'm in the Cedar Park area (past "NW Austin") along Hwy 183, if anyone wants to meet up

North Central Austin, North of 183 myself.  Don't know what we could plan, but im game either way.

Ah, fellow Houston transplants!  My wife and I moved to Austin in Nov of last year and yes, it's different here but mostly in a good way.  The housing market's something that we're definitely having to get used to. 

I'm game for a get-together.  Maybe just a meet up for dinner or coffee/drink somewhere to get to know each other?

I'm down!

What is it about Houston and everyone leaving for Austin?!  I am just hopeing the summers are a tad bit better than the 99% humidity. Today isnt very incourgaing on that matter! smile

Thought I'd bring this one back up fellas.  There still interest for a get-together of some sort?

Coffee/drink sounds good.

Drop me a contact request on my blog, http://www.agileministry.com or via twitter http://twitter.com/jhigginbotham and we can coordinate from there.

I'm a Houston transplant as well - since '93. We get a few more days with no humidity than Houston, but basically the same in recent years. And less rain from the coast, so more time is spent watering the lawn (a concept I had no clue about from growing up 30 mi from Galveston).

Still down.

Awesome fellas.  James, I say we just plan it out in here so that anyone else who comes along and wants to meet up knows the details. 

So are we thinking a meet-up at a coffee shop, restaurant?  Would someplace centrally located be best for everyone?  Weekday, weekend?

I'm in the Cedar Park area, so anything north of the river is generally good for me. I'm usually open Mon-Thurs for lunch or coffee.

How about one of the following, based on our general location: Mozart's on Lake Austin Blvd (central), Quackenbush's (north central), or Sodade (far north near Fry's)?

I'm also in N. Austin (near the Arboretum) so anything north of the river works for me too.  Mozart's is great, but I just read some Yelp reviews on Sodade and that place sounds pretty awesome.  I can't do lunch though because I work off Congress, so I'd have to meet up after work or on the weekends.