Topic: Has Anyone Here Used Peep Code Tutorials?

After reading the interview I checked the site out. I like the samples. Has anyone purchased any of the tutes and gone through them, and were they worthwhile?

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

Re: Has Anyone Here Used Peep Code Tutorials?

Yeah, peepcode is good stuff. I bought a 10 pack of credits and have used a few up and they've all been really worthwhile. They're starting to release PDF ebooks as well, and the one they just released is good, even in its current unfinished state.

check out stafftool.com - beautiful web-based church management

Same here - good value.

Ryan Heneise  |  Art of Mission  |  Now with extra-strong Donor Tools mojo

The screencasts are great and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is wanting to learn the topics that have been covered by Geoff. I also have a copy of the new PDF book that Geoff wrote and have read the book in its current form. I'll be doing a review of it here within the week, time permitting.

There is a google group for the screencasts and Geoff is really good at getting back with people who have questions and/or difficulties with concepts presented within the screencasts.

Try one out, I'm sure you'll be very happy with them. BTW, the shortest screen cast, I believe, is about 45 minutes to an hour. Most are well over an hour long - not bad for only $9.

Highly recommended. Geoff often starts from the basics, so even if you are familiar on a topic, you can still get some great nuggets out of them. Plus, you are supporting a variety of Rails-based projects by purchasing his screencasts.

Peepcode seriously rocks the house. 4 stars!

They are defintiely worth well more than the asking price.

Yes, they have been quite helpful. I've gone through the 3 on rspec, and the RESTful one. A 10-pack is worth your while.

Railscasts are shorter, free, and often have good tips as well.
http://www.railscasts.com/

There are some others at codepath, but I haven't checked them out yet:
http://coderpath.com/

- nathan