Topic: Microsoft Comfort Keyboard - Nice Stinking Keyboard

Folks, I must tell you about something.

I am a bit of a keyboard coniseaur (despite only owning about 5 in my entire life). A great keyboard is a big deal to me. Well, okay, maybe it's not *that* big of a deal, but I like a good keyboard.

Some keyboards are way too stiff. Hit the key, repeat the process for more than a few minutes, and you find the tips of your fingers getting a slight twinge, directly attributed to the consistency of the keypress.

Some keyboards are just too darn loud. After typing a term paper, witnesses claim that they heard a legion of horses passing by.

I'm here to tell you that this kiddo may have found a great tool.

It's called the Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard. And it bakes.

Taking a key (no pun intended) from the ergonomic, split-in-to-two keyboards, the Comfort Curve isn't split into two groups of keys left and right, but rather, the main key group (letter, number keys) have a slight curve to them, when, looking down on the keyboard from above, kinda looks like the Mona Lisa smile (which, by the way has nothing to do with a fake code that calls Jesus' divinity a lie; just though I should add that. And, for that matter, neither does this keyboard. Although, maybe Microsoft would tell you differently...but I digress.)

What this curve does is implement the sit-at-your-desk-and-type-for-8-hours- and-not-really-feel-too-fatigued goodness, while at the same time retraining the structural simplicity and familiarity of a normal QWERTY.

But the real beauty of this..well...beauty of a means to an end is the key consistency.

Take out an old keyboard, get a knife and pry off one of the keys. Below the actual surface of the key is a little slot (on the actual keyboard itself) with a peg that fits into it (the physical key you just pried off.) Do the same with the space bar, and you'll find something quite different; a bar swiniging down from the deattachable key that connects to the keyboard to ensure the "pop-back-up" necessary to be able to hit a key multiple times.

This is how the comfort curve does all of it's keys. However, this, in and of itself, isn't enough to make good a keyboard. I have no idea how they did it, but the keys are quiet, and require only a slight press from the finger to operate.

Add to the fact that the keyboard itself is quite flatter than most, allowing you to rest your hands more methodically, the nice cool black, technical feel, and a feature I never really used on any previous keyboard, the quicklaunch buttons which allow you to control an MP3 player or start a web browser by a single button press.

For people that type a lot, and whose hands are constantly phytigued from typing, or if your productivity would truly increase from a keyboard on which you can jam, I'd heartely recommend to consider the Microsoft Comfort Curve keyboard.

Yo.  This is my sig.  It roars.

Re: Microsoft Comfort Keyboard - Nice Stinking Keyboard

Wow. Thank you Mr Microsoft Representative. smile  I actually looked at some of the Comfort Curve keyboards after I was done reading.

Ninjas and pirates both agree: cowboys suck.

Larry Tomlinson wrote:

Wow. Thank you Mr Microsoft Representative. smile

Ha!  Not quite!

Yo.  This is my sig.  It roars.

I have the same keyboard and I've always felt like an uber-geek for thinking it was so awesome.  Thanks for having the courage to speak up!

Keyboard snobs unite!

Where's the link?