Topic: Job Board for Christian Designers and Programmers

Happy New Year everyone! The MinistryCamp Job Board is now open! Here are the facts.

It costs $40.00 to post a recruitment ad.
There are two categories design and programming.
Comparably cheap to other ministry recruitment sites.
We have also teamed up with Campus Crusade for Christ in New Orleans and Southern Louisiana and are helping them through the job board. 25% of every sale goes to them that is $10.00. It is a great opportunity to support their rebuilding in New Orleans and the message of Jesus they spreading on Campuses.

Actually soon the Jobs will also be appearing on Godbit when we pick up a bit of speed.

Re: Job Board for Christian Designers and Programmers

Congrats on the launch Dan. You definitely did a good job. All the best and Happy New Year.

Exercise your faith!

Cool, I've blogged it up here - http://sonspring.com/journal/ministrycamp-job-board

Give me liturgy or give me death.

Hey I am curious - its a great idea, but I never see any jobs listed so I am curious how many people visit this site? Any stats?

Synergema embarks with its clients on a voyage toward clear communication of vital truths. Destinations vary, but our essential commitments do not.

Hi Sccrwoohoo, I have been measuring for three weeks now, most of the traffic is coming in from Godbit.

Past Month      Total      Unique
This Week     209     121
Last Week     608     295
2 weeks ago     68     17

Also the main job - Viewed 152 times

Last edited by pixeljuggler (2007-01-17 07:01:27)

Perhaps the fact that it's a pay-for-posting service is one of the downfalls of this site, since most of the traffic comes from here. Godbit has its own job offers section where anyone can post for free, so why would I want to spend $40 on a job post when I can just post here for nothing? Don't interpret my post as a criticism of the service... It just seems to me that (if you aren't) you need to do massive advertising of this service in a place that doesn't have a (free) job board smile

Having looked at the service and how it's laid out, I think it's very nice and concise, as well as pretty good looking. Simple and no nonsense. I like it smile

Ninjas and pirates both agree: cowboys suck.

ditto what larry said. the site is really sharp and I could see it taking off given enough advertising in perhaps some unconventional places.

Thank you for the stats - I agree with these other statements. As an enhancement it would be great if you could also post a job in both sections at one time vs posting twice.

It would be nice if you could make an incentive to post a job by giving people a coupon from GodBit that would make their posting for discounted, because if you can get more jobs listed it likely to grab more people's attention as the place to post a job.

Just some thoughts

Synergema embarks with its clients on a voyage toward clear communication of vital truths. Destinations vary, but our essential commitments do not.

Who did that finger-lickin' design? Was that you Dan?

Ryan Heneise  |  Art of Mission  |  Now with extra-strong Donor Tools mojo

Thanks for all the feedback chaps. I am working on getting other means of promoting the board, Rome wasn't built in a day you have to understand but I think you are right on the price thing Larry. It defiantly needs to be lower or even free for a while till the board gets a better foothold and a number of advertising outlets.
@Sccrwoohoo, the category request has been noted, by the way did you notice the tags another way of classing your job.

@beno, what unconventional places were you thinking off?
@Ryan, yep my own "finger lickin" design.

Just to let you chaps know, I have taken your feedback and am in the process of getting something sorted. We will be opening the job board to free posting to see how it goes. However I am also in the process of sorting out other advertising outlets, we will need to cover costs and so will be charging in the future though the price will be significantly cheaper than it was.

Just a congratulations to the MinistryCamp team for having the job board featured in Smashing Magazine!

Ninjas and pirates both agree: cowboys suck.

Wow cool. Thanks for the pat on the backs. Its been a good month and I have been able to see where the board needs future work. I notice something from that post we are the only board without a logo... well we have a mascot. The pink Octupie.