Topic: Bethlehem United Methodist Church - Freshly redesigned

Hey All,

I just helped launch a newly redesigned Bethlehem United Methodist church. Check it out and give them some internet love'n. I worked on the build-out and Mark worked up a great design, props to him!

Rock on.

Re: Bethlehem United Methodist Church - Freshly redesigned

Wow. VERY beautiful! I love the navigation hover indented arrows and how submenus on the "Visitors" and "Ministries" are moved about half a list item up. I also like how the pages other than home page have just a little graphic on the left which keeps the page quite light. The header images rotating in the .swf file are amazing! Oh, and the choice of colors is just awesome!

Here's a little something: "Rooted in Christ, Reaching thte World" wink

Add: Really cool FAQ section! In the staff section would be nice to add some photos, no? What nice font is it in the logo?

Last edited by idcaft (2006-07-20 13:46:05)

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose

It looks fantastic, and gives me some fine ideas!  I love your use of background images to bring the entire front page together.

One thing - is there supposed to be some kind of logo or header or something at the top?  I am running Linux and Mozilla Firefox, and I can't see anything for nearly 1/3 of the top of the main page, except for the 'search' box.

Rob:

Is it possible for you to just snap your fingers and I get some of you and Mark's design skills?

It looks good man. Real good. You guys did a great job.

Out of curiousity are the pictures used stock photos, or actual photos of church members or the church. If they were of church members and the church, did you or Mark take those pictures or were they provided?

Exercise your faith!

Brother Webmaster wrote:

It looks fantastic, and gives me some fine ideas!  I love your use of background images to bring the entire front page together.

One thing - is there supposed to be some kind of logo or header or something at the top?  I am running Linux and Mozilla Firefox, and I can't see anything for nearly 1/3 of the top of the main page, except for the 'search' box.

There is a masthead with rotating images done in Flash. I assume you have Flash player installed under linux so perhaps they used Flash Player 8 or 9 which Linux users don't have (yet). Man Adobe really needs to get Flash Player 9 done for linux so we linux users can enjoy the fun too. smile

Exercise your faith!

Interesting.  Usually, when I can't display some flash or another, it gives me some kind of 'you need to download the latest player' link - in this case, it's just a big blank screen.

@Idcraft - Thanks for the spelling heads out. WOW, i can't believe we all missed that.. haha. smile

@Brother - You're on linux, SWEET! What Yannick said was correct. That is a rotating flash piece. We'll be fixing it soon so that someone without flash can still get something.

@Yannick - Dude... hey man! The photos on the front page were actually taken by members of the church. Some are quite good!

Rock on.

Looks awesome, you and Mark did a great job! I need to get bit by the design bug that bit you and Mark, Rob!

I just hang around with Mark and feel inspired... I guess i'm lucky he's right down the street. haha. smile

Rock on.

Ahh thanks Rob, yeah the pictures are pretty good.

Exercise your faith!

Really terrific job you guys!  The second-level flyout menu items don't get a background until I hover over them.  I don't think it's intentional --the menu item text is overlapping content.  Firefox 1.5 on WinXP no Flash.  Also, there are some extraneous single-pixel horizontal lines appearing.  one red line  from the left edge of the browser to the GO button on top (disappears on hover), and a beige line fron the left edge of the browser to the more calendar events button (on hover only)  and a red line from the left side of the browser to the small-non-home-page logo (disappears on hover).  Wonderful clean design with great touches throughout!

Content Management with Standards In Mind: Vine Type | www.vinetype.com

Hey Rob did you mean to have a line under the header side image?
here is a screen shot
http://www.humandefinition.com/images/churchpic.jpg

[witty scriptorial reference here]

Carl Camera wrote:

Firefox 1.5 on WinXP no Flash.

You using the latest version of Flash Carl? I see it fine on WinXP and FF 1.5.

Exercise your faith!

No version of Flash installed.

Content Management with Standards In Mind: Vine Type | www.vinetype.com