Re: Introduce Yourself

Welcome Bobby! Keep the faith indeed.

Exercise your faith!

Bobby: I love that quote on your website. So true:

Give me liturgy or give me death.

Nathan:  Thnx. smile  It's a quote from a DC Talk song - What If I Stumble.   How you liking Boise?  You may know/work with one of my friends  @ Alby's, Marty Young?  I could have been working there too, but I had already committed to a gig here in OH.  It's not my plan right wink.

\o/

Ah, I love DC Talk!

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Ray Williams, and I live in Warner Robins, GA. I'm a Web Developer for Progressive Consulting working onsite at Robins Air Force Base. I'm married and have two little girls. They're only 2 years old and 8 months old so they take up a lot of mine and my wife's time. smile

When I'm not running around with my little girls, I love getting on the computer to surf the web and work on new designs for websites that I never seem to get finished. I'm in love with my iPod mini, although I would really love to get one of the new iPods so I can actually watch video podcasts on the iPod! I occasionally get the chance to play the Xbox, but that seems to be getting less and less these days. Same goes for computer games. As a side note, I can sing quite a few of Dora the Explorer songs, since that's what my two year old insists on watching everyday! smile

Ray, good to see you had some time to stop by! I had a friend who's daughter loved Dora as well. I'm looking forward to those types of things, but not for a while. Still enjoying not having to be a responsible adult yet.

@Robert:  Yeah they rock smile   Although Third Day is my favorite band.   I just saw them about a month ago. smile
I totally love the header image on your website.  Ever thought of making a wallpaper from it?

@ Ray: mmm.  5G iPod.  My monochrome 4G seems like a brick now sad.

\o/

I guess I better stop lurking around here and post some info about myself.

Well, hello everyone, my name is Daniel VanMilligan. I currently reside in Little Rock, Arkansas. I work two part-time jobs and I am a full time student at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Web Design/Development is a hobby that I really enjoy and would love to get more experience in.

I currently work on Konfabulator version of ColourMod. I like all things technology and art. I got married earlier this year, and we just got our first house. When I am not online or working on computers I am spending time with my wife. Also, Christ and Computers is my passion and am very interested in how these two (especially through the web) can effectively work together.

http://www.d3mainframe.com/

Last edited by Dan (2005-11-21 07:51:39)

-- Dan

@onetruth I like Third Day as well. Have you heard of Kutless? They are my favorite band. Thanks for the comments on the header. I haven't thought about that, but maybe I will. I am currently moving everything to TXP and redesigning my overall site in the process. I am keeping the header image as well. Just trying to capture a look that I have had in my head for a while now.

@Dan congrats on your new marriage! and welcome!

@Robert:  Yeah Kutless rocks \m/. smile   I pretty much like all Xn rock.   A good station here in OH is radioU, check it out. 

Do you mind if I take it (header image) and make a wallpaper, for personal use only of course?  <><

\o/

@onetruth: I don't mind at all. I will have to check out radioU. I listen to kkla over here. It is a good Christian talk radio. I always enjoy Hank Hanegraaff's show.

hey guys, i came across your ste today, my name is Josh, i'm 22 and from Australia. I've read through the "Purpose + Vision" of this joint, and i think its great what you are doing, and it's exactly what i want to start up over here for Australian Churches.

Welcome Josh! Awesome that you have the same vision in mind as well. Let us all work together to help the church. If you have any suggestions feel free to make them.

Exercise your faith!

Hello!  My name is Eric and I live in Oklahoma City.  I graduated from The Art Institute of Dallas two years ago with a degree in Video Production and promptly moved back to OKC where my and my wife's families live.

While my studies were focused in Video Production I have dabbled in graphic design and web development for a number of years.  I work for a small multimedia boutique in Norman, Oklahoma where I do a little bit of everything.  My focus there has been working with churches and non-profits to help them with their multimedia needs.  I recently started a blog to help promote the company and present content that I hope is useful to those who work in the Church.

I am very much involved in my church where I act as director for the connection ministry, try to manage the web site, and create all the printed materials.

I like to read, rock the didge, pretend I know how to play guitar, feed my parrots, kiss my wife, hug my daughter, fine tobacco products, listen to my father-in-law talk, learn about church growth, dream and wine.

You wanna get nuts?  Let's get nuts!

howdy!

to tell the truth i've been debating on whether or not to post here.  reason being is the fact that i'm not much of a designer, i'm more of a coder.  but, ya'll seem nice and i'm excited to see what kind of resource Godbit is becoming.

i'm currently serving in the air force, stationed at andrews afb.  originally from texas.  almost done (senior) with my degree in computer science.  my specialties are php/mysql backend stuff, sarcasm, and ironing a set of bdu's.

i do freelance web application design.  currently i'm working on a Bible tagging project and a mission trip planner web collaboration suite.

i'm a  licensed  minister in texas. i've worked with churches since i was saved (at 13) doing music, tech support, teaching, speaking.  eventually i want to work in the wonderful world of church IT.

i'm a proga...i'm a progran...i'm a programe...i write code

Welcome Josh and Eric! I'm glad you guys decided to join in on this crazy endeavor. Dan: I wouldn't sweat not being a designer. I'm not much of a coder! So, hopefull we can collectively help balance out each other's area of expertise, and all learn a little in the process.

Last edited by Nathan Smith (2005-11-28 22:41:52)

Greetings all. I'm Josh from Murfreesboro, TN. I'm a designer and pseudo-programmer. I was very happy to come across the site, and I hope to be around quite a bit. Thanks to those of you who have put forth the effort and faith to get this created. I'm looking forward to our time together.

Proverbs 3:5,6

Welcome Josh, good to have you! I noticed your site is running ColdFusion, cool. I read a book on it awhile back, for a job interview, but didn't end up getting the job, so haven't had to use it. I really like your photo gallery. You have cute kids, by the way.

You know you're geeky when you admire the photo gallery for its functionality first, then notice the pictures. smile

Last edited by Nathan Smith (2005-11-29 14:19:45)

Welcome Josh. Interesting that you chose to use ColdFusion for your site. I'd love to know more. smile

Exercise your faith!

Nice site guys, couldn't help myself but bookmark it. It actually already sits on my quick-link bar. I came here through Niphal, which I also frequently visit. In the last few months I've gotten to know more Christian designers that actually are interested in standards, I'm very exited about this.

#about_me { I always have been a flash developer, but since 2 years now, I've sad good-bye to that and dove into standards and usability. So godbit is right up my alley. I'm married, got 2 baby girls and live in Holland only to find my way back to the States eventually where I used to live (long-story). I work full-time with YWAM- Youth With A Mission in the area of communication; }

Your concept is great and your forum is running smooth. It is fun to see the Christian scene unfold and be inspired and mentored by each other. Your will probably see me post a lot on your forums smile

Marius...

Welcome Marius. We are happy to have ya! Look forward to hearing more from you. I too have met so many Christian designers in the past few weeks, than I had before. It's a wonderful feeling. And the environment here at Godbit is wonderful as well.

Peace and God Bless!

Exercise your faith!

Thanks for the greetings and thanks for the compliments on kids. Actually, the boy is the only one that's mine. All the others are nieces and a nephew.

I used coldfusion on my site because I've been working with coldfusion at my job for the last couple of years. We went with coldfusion instead of php at the time, because we had some newly hired programmers that taught the language. Also, coldfusion is easier for most html coders to learn. We've gotten into a little more php of late, and I'm hoping to learn some of it as well.

Last edited by josh (2005-11-30 13:52:13)

Proverbs 3:5,6

Welcome Josh and Marius! It is great to see so many people joining and introducing themselves!

God Bless!

Josh: Okay cool. Hehe well we have a Cold Fusion section just waiting for you. So you can feel free to warm it up a little. smile

Exercise your faith!

For some reason, I've avoided doing this until now.  My humble apologies.  First off, here's what's posted on the author profiles page of the site:

Nate is happily married to Brie, and they reside in Boise, Idaho. He attends Faith Community Bible Church, where he is involved in the ministries of youth and the website. He works for a large local newspaper, where he focuses on backend development and dabbles in all other things Web. He is passionate about Jesus, the local church, his marriage, Web development, spelling/grammar, and Baja Fresh. In his spare time, he remodels his house and attempts to organize his garage.

That's basically the gist of it.  This is a neat community and I really hope to see the local church, and ultimately the dying world, benefit from it.  To God be the glory!

One life, it will soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last. (Studd)