Topic: Introduce Yourself

Well, even though the rest of this site is still in development, I think this forum is pretty much functional. While I pretty much know everybody who's registered for the forum thus far, I realize that many of y'all might not know each other. So, feel free to post new topics, etc. even before the site's officially launched.

Update: In case it's not obvious, the site is now launched. Feel free to introduce yourself here!

Last edited by Nathan Smith (2005-12-07 11:19:45)

Give me liturgy or give me death.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Well I'm one of the ones you already know Nathan, but for those that don't, my name is Shawn Grimes. I'm a freelance web/graphic designer living in Springfield, MO. I have a wife and wonderful 2yr old son and we are expecting another in May of 2006. I also attend Ozarks Technical College where I study graphic design.

Some of my hobbies include design (of course), computer anything, playing guitar, watching movies, and filling my ears with as much music as I can handle.

Well enough of my rambling, lets here about someone else now. Take care.

Hello, everyone. My name is David Hemphill and I live in Lebanon, Missouri and I go to Ozark Technical College. I'm currently studying Internet Application Development and do web / graphic design on the side under the company name of SparrowStyle. I have an iPod Nano named Stella, and I enjoy all things design, and most things music.

Last edited by davidlee.hemphill (2005-10-31 12:45:34)

G'day all. My name is Yannick Lyn Fatt and I live in Kingston, Jamaica. I'm currently studying Computer Science and Electronics at the University of the West Indies, Mona. I also work part time on the Web Team at the same University. Stuff I like, computer anything, web design, all things football (soccer) and Chinese food. smile

Now you know too much, so I'm handing over the baton to the next person.

Exercise your faith!

Howdy! My name is Robert Evans, I live in Los Angeles, California. I am married with our first child on the way. I hold a Bachelor degree in Business Finance and I am a few units shy of a Computer Science degree. I am also a licensed Real Estate Agent and I am a computer addict.

My hobbies are web design, playing guitar, and theology.

Howdy I'm Aaron Hassell.  I'm a friend of Nathan's through gaming in Age of Mythology.  I'm a Junior Political Science major at Clemson University with a minor in Computer Science.  I write for one of the campus newspapers, The Tiger Town Observer.  I love playing sports, guitar, and comp games.  I have a Christian forum on MrFixitOnline if any of you need something else to do to waste time haha. http://www.mrfixitonline.com/getPosting … rumId=1602

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

I'm at George Fox University finishing a Masters in Teaching degree, so I can go on to be a high school math/science teacher.  My undergrad is in MIS at WSU, with two years of Computer Engineering tucked away in there as well.

I've been a webmaster for a local Christian Church Extension Fund for the last 2 1/2 years, though most of my work has been for their Intranet.  The rest of my time goes into the kids in my neighborhood and to the local community center.  I'm a big fan of making things that haven't been made before, especially when they in some way involve either lumber or Photoshop.  I also like Nintendo.

Apparently I can't remember BBCode.

Last edited by Christopher Lund (2005-11-04 10:08:40)

Hi, my name is Matthew Brundage and I live in Montgomery Village MD (half an hour or so from Washington DC). I'm at the tail end of a Computer Studies Bachelors from the University of Maryland University College. It's taken me 7.5 years. Five more weeks to go and then life will be sweet! I'll be super-busy until Dec 10, so posting may be sparse.

I do library- and technical-related contracting work for the Smithsonian and Department of Energy. I maintain a handful of sites -- mostly pro bono. I believe that creating and editing CSS is one of life's little pleasures.

Other hobbies I have include volleyball, hanging out with my fiance, theology (apologetics is always fun), English grammar, Wikipedia, and music. (But not necessarily in that order!)

Last edited by mattbrundage (2006-01-09 07:24:38)

Well, shoot.  Don't you all make me feel old...;)

Boyink here (first names being almost irrelevant with such a last name...)  I just skipped my 20 year HS reunion, and I live in Holland, MI (about 6 miles from Lake Michigan), and am self-employed as Boyink Interactive where I do internet development.  I work out of my basement where the office is comfy but the view is terrible....

My now-dusty degree was in Video Production, and post college I went from TV news production to VB/Access programming to web development for a Fortune 500 company.  I was downsized out of there 3 years ago and started freelancing out of that.

Hobbies are reading, camping, geocaching, and old cars and Jeeps - I've been building a 1964 CJ6 over the summer and also have a '66 Rambler that we'll soon be selling off.

The Church's use of technology has always been a passion of mine as well.

Hello from Tallahassee, FL. My name's Mike Houghton, and I actually attended my 20th high school reunion about two months ago... CLASS OF '85 RULES!!! (sorry). I've been designing interfaces since the laser-disc days but have never come across a group quite like this. I'm interested to see what becomes of this site.

In other news, my wife and I are expecting our fourth child this February, and when I'm not changing diapers or thinking about home additions I design interfaces for Homes.com.

Hello everyone, my name is Thame and I'm a student at the University at Buffalo in Buffalo, NY. I've had some really fun discussions with Nathan and just wanted to do the same here in the forums.

Good luck with this project Nathan!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to post on the Bio page, but I'm finally up there.

My name is Nate Logan, and I'm a Web Developer for a local newspaper here in Boise, Idaho.  I'm married (almost 6 months now!) and my wife and I attend Faith Community Bible Church.  I graduated from Boise State University in 2003 with a degree in Networking and Telecommunications and a minor in CIS.

As far as Web stuff goes, I'm into standards-based Web development, and am working on becoming a better backend programmer (which is the stuff I really enjoy).  As you'll see from my site, design is not my forte, but occasionally, I try to hack it.

As far as other stuff goes, my wife and I are doing quite a bit of home remodeling right now, both enjoy the outdoors, and both really enjoy a good cup of coffee (we met at Starbucks).  Okay, that's me.  I'll see you around!

One life, it will soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last. (Studd)

Buongiorno, I'm Josh, from Newcastle in England, now living in Leeds (still in England). I've been a web designer now for two years, I got married in September, and I love Everything at the moment.

I'm nice, but I'm also shy!

Josh Townson

Josh, welcome! Good to see someone join the forum that's from the other side of the Atlantic.

How's it goin'?  I'm Josh (I guess that name is pretty popular) and I'm a network security tech for the US Air Force.  I spend my spare time messin' around with web design and I've been a Christian for a few years now.  I'm looking forward to seeing this site blossom.

Blessings,
Josh

Josh (the newest one), welcome! I too, am excited to see where this little endeavor goes. If you have any suggestions for how we can make Godbit better, be sure to share.

Just want to say a big welcome to everyone. We are all excited about what can come out of Godbit and just as Nathan has said, feel free to give us your suggestions on how we can make Godbit better.

There's no need to be shy or afraid to ask questions. We are all here to help and I promise you we won't bite. Chances are any question you ask there is someone who is wondering the same question and also someone who is able to answer it or at least point you to a resource that does.

God Bless!

Exercise your faith!

Hi, I'm Tim. I'm a high school student from the smog covered tundra of Toronto.

Web design is a hobby of mine since I'm not good enough at it to make any real money off of it. I'll bet I can rake in some fake money though. I'm also one of the webmasters for my church's site, which is still in development.

I'm really interested in where God will take Godbit and I look forward to seeing all of the cool stuff that'll appear on this site.

A ring is a set R equipped with two binary operations + : R × R → R and ⋅ : R × R → R ...

Hi all.  Matt from Ames, Iowa here.  I work part time for Iowa State University as a Web designer and have my own freelance business (www.directsteps.com coming soon...).  I've been working in different areas of Web design for the last 6 years.

I am also a worship leader at our church.  So I have an interesting (though not unusual) combination of interests that has eventually led to this site: www.rockworship.com as a resource for worship leaders in our church's association.

I love the idea behind this site.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

www.mattheerema.com

Marko Mihelcic founder of http://www.mcville.net  had a interview with Nathan a while back wink
so other info find at mcville cheers ya'll!

Greetings to all who have stopped by and said hello!

Well I'm Elliot Swan, and I came here through Nathan's blog. I run a few sites, Uppervent.com, my blog, then I've got my out-of-date portfolio that I want to redo sometime.

Looks like you've got a some good stuff going on over here, I look forward to being a part of it. smile

--Elliot Swan (www.elliotswan.com)

Shalom, hello I'm Viking KARWUR - i'm web designer (freelance) based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
My website : www.vikingkarwur.com
My portfolio : www.vikingkarwur.com/portfolio/

Wish you all the best... GOD bless you all...

"As we grow in faith, our prayers will become less of a wish list and more of an intimate conversation with Lord."

Viking, glad to see you on the forum. Welcome! That is a nice looking site / portfolio you have there.

Hi All.  smile   My name is Bobby Cox and I currently call Dublin, OH home.  I am an Idaho native and before coming to Dublin via Portland/Vancouver I lived in Boise.   I am a UNIX/Linux geek for a large company in Columbus and currently a Xn ( christian ) in training smile   I came by this site via the textpattern forums.   

I totally dig the idea behind this site and some day hope to be at a level where I can contribute.  My personal site is BobbyCox.net.  I am currently thinking of going to college for some sort of graphic/web design it's never too late..right? wink  Plus that is something I know I would enjoy doing.

Keep the faith <><

\o/