Topic: Divorce

I've been away from posting on Godbit for many months, but I still greatly value this place and the relationships I've made here.  I'm going through a divorce right now and would really appreciate your prayers.  Yes, I know it is not God's heart, and I have small children... but there was too much damage in the relationship and I am just asking God to heal all of us in His time now and help me to move on.  I don't know if I'll ever enter a marriage relationship again honestly - I am very scared and broken right now. Sin, doubt, fear, unbelief... it's not fun.

I had to go to work full-time obviously (I was homeschooling my kids before), and thankfully God helped me to get a great job last Fall as designer and develper at my college alma mater...then, because of the circumstances of the separation, I decided to relocate, and again, God provided.  I'm pretty stressed right now (the designer/developer position is a newly created one), but I know that God will give me the strength to get through each day.  I'm asking you guys to pray for me as a mother, a time steward, for me to find a good church (husband is a minister, so that makes it extra difficult for me to face all of the judgment - I've been in church my whole life, wanted to be a missionary, etc.), and that I will heal and find joy again.  Thanks for letting me be real here and again for the support (not just web) that I've found here over the last few years.

Use thy duties, as Noah's dove did her wings, to carry thee to the ark of the Lord Jesus Christ, where only there is rest. ~ Isaac Ambrose

Re: Divorce

Praying for you all.

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!

Hi Kristi,

Praying for you and your family. I know that God has been watching over you the past couple years as you've experienced  many of life's challenges.  I'm glad we re-connected this past spring; please know that I'm here for you by email or phone if you want a listening ear.

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Divorce is lame. So sorry. Praying.

Hi Kristi,

I can understand the situation you're in and your feelings as I went through similar situation many years ago.  If I knew about God as I know him now, I would not let myself go down that path.  It was painful and it hurt three parties: him, me and children.  Anyway, I pray that God protects you and your children, guides you and opens door to you.  When you feel lonely, say a prayer, and write it down in your journal. 

Monica

Monica ++ Life is purposeless without God.

Kristi,  Like you;  I have been away from posting for a while now. I always look at the prayer request every time that I frequent this site!  I'm sorry for the divorce situation and wish you the best!  I was put in the situation of seeking divorce after 9 years of marriage by no fault of my own.  It is a hurtful time;  but as a friend told me then and it had very little meaning at that time;  but now makes a lot of sense and is a comfort to me. Nothing in this world is meant to last forever and is always changing  as long as we live here!

Our neighborhoods do not look the same as they once did and you can go on and on and on! We must realize the bigger picture and be comforted by *GOD*s will that no one should perish (although there are those who will never accept *HIS* great sacrifice) but that all should come to the knowledge of repentance as said in  2Pe 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

At the time my friend told me this all I could think about was that when I said I do to my ex-wife that it was supposed to stay that way!  And in a perfect world; it would have!  I think that what my friend was telling me was that things here are only temporal and let us thank *GOD* for what we do have and try our best to live according to *HIS* will!  Surely *GOD* does not intend on us ever becoming divorced!  That is not *HIS* way!

But then again;  sin is not *HIS* way and this world is full of it!  Some things are totally out of our control!  I had a child of 8 yrs old when I was put in that position by my ex-wife and I know how bad it hurts!  He is now 13 yrs old making straight A's and doing very well!  I have full custody and I have chose to stay single for the time being and let *GOD* work in my life according to whatever *HE* wants for me;  (*HIS* will be done)!

Surround yourself with good *GOD*ly people and do the best for your children that you can!  I really think that *GOD* blessed me so much with my child that my focus was not directed as much at the pain I was dealing with;  as it was at raising my child to be a good *CHRIST*-ian and to help him excel in life;  so he would be equipped to deal with the things that come our way!

I do not know your situation and I would not ask!  But please trust *GOD* all the way without blaming *GOD* as I found myself questioning *HIM* when my marriage fell apart!  Just know that *HE* has blessed you with your children and that *HE* is not finished working with you!  Remember what *JESUS* said in Mr 10:27- And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

And remember what Paul said in: 2Ti 1:12 - For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

I hope that some of what I have said helps you and always trust in the *LORD*;  *HE* is our strength!  I'll remember you in my prayers!  Have a great week!!!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                              As for me and my house;  we will serve the *LORD*!

Last edited by Dwayne Whitley (2010-08-13 13:54:47)