Topic: Mission Togo site mockup

Wow, it's been a while since I've been on Godbit - I really need to get on here more to stay in touch and see what all you guys are doing.  So… I'd love it if you could take a look at some photoshop mockups for a site I'll be finishing up soon (this week hopefully).

In July I'll be going on a mission trip to Togo, Africa with a few other people from my church - basically putting on bible school camps for the kids, spreading some love around, and hopefully building some wells for clean water (probably just helping raise funds for the wells, but I'm not really sure of the details yet.)

Anyway, we realized we needed a site where we can hopefully collect some more donations and also just get the word out to more people about our trip. This is also my first design where I'll be using Nathan Smith's 960 grid framework (16 columns). Let me know what you think, what needs changed, and if I'm designing with the grid system properly or not.

Pages (so far):
The Trip -    Design | Grid
The Team -  Design | Grid
Donate -      Design | Grid

Re: Mission Togo site mockup

Hi Chris,

I really like the website.  I can't really add much design-ish input, but I wanted to comment on how much I liked the design of the site anyway.  The chevron shaped menu buttons are pretty cool, you probably don't see it much and it def. adds to the originality of the site.  Keep up the great work.

\o/

Thanks!

I had one friend on twitter mention that he wasn't a fan of the big text blocks. He said:

Maybe change it up a little on the subs? The huge text changes from cool to irritating quickly fo me

I'm kind of on the fence about it, but leaning towards agreeing with him. I don't have time right now, but I think I'm going to try a version with just normal paragraphs. Thoughts on this?

Hi Chris - if I understand correctly, I agree with your Twitter critic. Really like the design, colour choice, structure, etc., but the text-size of the paragraphs on the "team" page looks *well* too small ... and I doubt you really want to say so much about yourselves in the context anyway. wink

I'd rather hear about local people, conditions, goals, current contacts, "why Togo", etc.! I'm sure that's all on its way -- hopefully at a bigger text size!

Great initiative, btw. Hope it works well.

David Reimer  //  ↪ "If you know the resurrection is coming, it's impossible to be in utter darkness." — Tim Keller ↩