Topic: Radiant fans might want to check out Wolf CMS

Back in 2007 I was looking for a clean, simple CMS for "brochure" type sites and ran across Radiant. Problem: no Rails access. Fortunately, Ryan Heneise (a.k.a. ryenksi) pointed me to Frog, a PHP migration of Radiant.

Sadly, Frog development ground to a halt. I had been involved in low-level "support" (= friendly guy on forum!), and another coder had picked up development when Frog's owner went very quiet (for extended periods!). The dev decided to fork the project as "Wolf CMS", and I've thrown my energies into that project now, too.

So! If anyone here enjoys/appreciates/etc. the "Radiant" approach, but would like to work with it in a PHP setting, do have a look at Wolf CMS. Development is on-going, intentional, thoughtful, and responsive to the community. And the community is growing!

In a sense, Wolf owes its existence to Godbit - without Ryan's pointer, I would not have found Frog. And without the support one or two of us gave Frog, it would have perished. wink But that experience led to the fork of this project, Wolf, about which I'm very optimistic!

David Reimer  //  ↪ "If you know the resurrection is coming, it's impossible to be in utter darkness." — Tim Keller ↩

Re: Radiant fans might want to check out Wolf CMS

I thought Frog CMS had alot of promise. I'm glad you guys are picking up the torch and carrying on.

For those who may not know, David threw more than "low-level support" into Frog. He was the main person replying to questions on the forum, spearheaded the documentation for Frog, ported several themes to Frog, and encouraged other developers to get involved as well as many other tasks and projects. I created several sites with Frog, and was thankful to know I could contact David when I needed troubleshooting advice.

David, continued good wishes to the entire Wolf CMS team. It's been wonderful to see the work continue.

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Thanks for the encouraging words, Deborah! Glad to know you're keeping an eye on us! wink

@nickdominguez - we hope the promise you spotted in Frog will be fulfilled in Wolf! The vision is firm, the road plan sensible, and the development continuing. As the community grows, I'm guessing things will only get better.

(Now if anyone knows of someone interested in helping an opensource project with a Prototype to jQuery migration ... feel free to be in touch! big_smile )

David Reimer  //  ↪ "If you know the resurrection is coming, it's impossible to be in utter darkness." — Tim Keller ↩

WolfCMS looks really nice.

By the way, for those of you with Rails-envy, check out Heroku (http://heroku.com/), who provide free Rails hosting and dead-simple deployment for Rails projects. I've used it on a number of projects, and it makes a great staging environment.

Ryan Heneise  |  Art of Mission  |  Now with extra-strong Donor Tools mojo

ryenski wrote:

WolfCMS looks really nice.

Thanks, Ryan - and someone else thought so, too!

Thanks too for the Heroku link; there's a wealth of such resources popping up, it seems to me. But hard to find them all the same!