Topic: IE8 problem with site style

I have been keeping up the local church site where I attend worship services at and all has been well until ie8.  I have browser sniffing code in the stlye sheet pages.  What code do I need to make the navigation div not over extend it's lines/boxes?  I want it to be viewed in the same way that it appears in ie 5, 6 and 7. Any ideas/info would deeply be appreciated!  the site is www.viewtheword.org .  It will look fine in ie 7;  but if you have ie8;  you will see what i mean!

This makes three posts I've made today!  So I'll give you all a break after this one!  Thanks in advance for any help concerning this and if you have the code that I need to add to my browser sniffing code;  that as well  will deeply be appreciated!  Thanx once again!!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                            As for me and my house;  We will serve the *LORD*!

Re: IE8 problem with site style

I only took a quick glance  (will come back and look again) but have you tried setting a width for that div?

cheybea,
  This site is rather complicated as it uses many diffent files and a MySQL database to construct the pages.  I think I can however find the div and try this!  Sounds like a good idea and I should have already considered that option!  I'll let you know.  Thanks for the advice!  Have a great week and *CHRIST*-mas!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                         As for me and my house; we will serve the *LORD*!

cheybea,
   Well after going through many files I finally realized that this site's nav is made up of three different gifs!  I had to make new ones and experiment around until I got the right size!  Works great now!  And thanks for your advice!  Have a great *CHRIST*-mas everyone!  www.viewtheword.org
                   *CHRIST*-ians should celebrate *CHRIST*-mas 365 days per year!  What a joy!

Last edited by Dwayne Whitley (2009-12-20 22:26:48)