Topic: Adobe InContext Editing

http://www.adobe.com/products/incontextediting/

Question: is it completely dependent on the Adobe service? I'd be somewhat annoyed if it is, but not surprised. If you could install the service on your own server it would make a lot of sense. I'm not excited by the idea that some Dreamweaver features are only accessible by paid subscription, even if it is round-about.

Or, is there a similar alternative?

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

Re: Adobe InContext Editing

I think Perch or Unify might be what you are looking for. Michael Boyink recently was looking at both of them for a project and ended up going with Perch. You could contact him if you have more questions.

Les Reynolds wrote:

I think Perch or Unify might be what you are looking for. Michael Boyink recently was looking at both of them for a project and ended up going with Perch. You could contact him if you have more questions.

Perch has a back-end admin... not what I'm looking for. Unify looks pretty cool. I might give it a try. I need pages to be editable by people who would have difficulty with any CMS.

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

Somehow I forgot about Unify, nice application. From what I saw in the videos, you can restore back one version. Anyone know if you can restore from more than 1 version back?

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Is there any type of media support for hosting multiple video files on these with a playlist?  At least 50 or so;  on site sermon videos that would link to a player?  Sorry if I should have posted another topic!  Thanks!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                          As for me and my house;  we will serve the *LORD*!