Topic: Pray For God's Guidance

All,

Recently I had been feeling I should be doing more with my skill set, possibly something that would better glorify God.  However being a Linux SA I found it's hard to accomplish that goal, however I haven't given up. 

Long story short I asked God to use my life as he needs/intended.  I am sure many of you know first hand or through witnessing this happen to others that the lord definitely answers that prayer and often times it's not what you'd expect. smile  Low and behold the very next few days I found out my job was being dissolved.  I was at a start-up that failed to get a second round of funding.  I loved the work, but I wasn't too particularly happy there.   You'd be surprised how bad the politics can be at a company of less then ten people.  Anyhoo.  Here I am without a job, actively looking, hoping God will plaster a big billboard up in front of my house to let me in on what he has planned for me wink.   

I ask that you pray for me to hear what God has planned for me.  As a side, a job would be nice... I hope you all are doing well in your lives etc.  May God bless you all. 

In Christ.

\o/

Re: Pray For God's Guidance

I'll be praying that the Lord answers your prayer. Indeed, God does some exciting (oft unexpected) things when you yield your life to him! smile

Give me liturgy or give me death.

Me, too - pray that the Lord answers your prayer and opens door to you.  In the meantime, do more bible reading so that you can receive messages from our dear God. 

Hope that you've already sorted out the things by now.

God Bless,

Monica

Monica ++ Life is purposeless without God.

Sometimes (not saying you);  but we as people seem to forget the big picture of what is really going on here!  Most of the time the *WORD* of *GOD* has already told us what to do and we don't see it until we are far down the road into something else!  We must always remember what *GOD*s will is!  First and foremost;  it must be about the salvation of souls seeing that *HE* sent *HIS* only begotten *SON* into the world to reconcile us back unto *HIM*!  Secondly Peter mentions it as well --  2Pe 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.  If whatever you do brings souls to *GOD* by you using your talent to preach or teach/share the *Gospel* to them;  i think you will be moving in the right direction!  *GOD* is glorified everytime someone turns from serving Satan to serving *HIM*!  I will pray that you figure out how to use your skills to get *GOD*s *WORD* out there since the bible teaches us that *HIS* *WORD* does not come back void!  Hope you find a job that will give you this oportunity!  In my prayers!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
       Mt 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.