Topic: Welcome to Redeemer

I just launched a version of the website for the church plant that I'm involved in. Initially, we had pretty grandiose ideas for the website, but it just became too overwhelming to gather together all of the content and whatnot. Plus, I'm leaving on vacation, and since I'm the webmaster (for lack of a better term), it was decided to streamline the site a lot just so that we'd have something to show besides a "Coming Soon" page.

Here are the results... http://welcometoredeemer.com/

This version of the site has some of the elements and content from the previous design, but in a much more stripped down, single page format.

Any feedback/comments would be welcome.

Last edited by opus (2009-03-13 06:40:18)

I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come...

Re: Welcome to Redeemer

I think it looks pretty good for a stripped down site! One issue I have with it and this is an issue I've struggled with in many cases, is the use of jump nav to get to an item on the bottom of the page. Part of me wants to add a bunch of whitespace below the site so that whatever sized monitor you're on, jumping to Get Connected will have that title display at the top of the page. Would there be a way to dynamically add margin space at the bottom if that link is clicked, allowing for it in that case alone? Anyway, this is obviously not a big problem but I wanted to hear what others think too.

Other than that it's pretty good. Might have an easier way to get in contact with the church rather than having to dig a bit to the Get Connected section. Maybe even a contact button in the top right that jumps down to that section, I dunno.

Add a 12th photo to even things out? smile Also the tagline next to the logo is great, but I'd probably want to put the name of the church up there for easy reference (I know it's in the content, but still…).

Anyway those are just nitpicky things to try and provide a little feedback, but hope maybe they help a bit!

Re: Welcome to Redeemer

bccarlso wrote:

I think it looks pretty good for a stripped down site! One issue I have with it and this is an issue I've struggled with in many cases, is the use of jump nav to get to an item on the bottom of the page. Part of me wants to add a bunch of whitespace below the site so that whatever sized monitor you're on, jumping to Get Connected will have that title display at the top of the page. Would there be a way to dynamically add margin space at the bottom if that link is clicked, allowing for it in that case alone? Anyway, this is obviously not a big problem but I wanted to hear what others think too.

I know what you mean -- that bugs me a bit as well. However, I just discovered a new jQuery plugin that might resolve some of those issues.

bccarlso wrote:

Other than that it's pretty good. Might have an easier way to get in contact with the church rather than having to dig a bit to the Get Connected section. Maybe even a contact button in the top right that jumps down to that section, I dunno.

That's not a bad idea. I'll see what I can do.

bccarlso wrote:

Add a 12th photo to even things out? smile Also the tagline next to the logo is great, but I'd probably want to put the name of the church up there for easy reference (I know it's in the content, but still…).

I just added a 12th photo -- thanks for catching that. As for the church name, do you think the logo is overpowered or something.

bccarlso wrote:

Anyway those are just nitpicky things to try and provide a little feedback, but hope maybe they help a bit!

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.

I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come...

Re: Welcome to Redeemer

site looks good. very nice and clean. graphics are smooth.

Re: Welcome to Redeemer

opus wrote:

As for the church name, do you think the logo is overpowered or something.

Naw, I think it stands out from the site in a good way, should be one of the first things you see I would imagine.

Re: Welcome to Redeemer

stripped down or not, this site is gorgeous. great work! one suggestion: get a favicon up there.

The rest is awesome!

Oh and also, tried clicking on the red bicycle link and it never would load. Kept trying for several minutes.

Last edited by osugodfan (2009-05-22 03:58:21)

You can teach what you know, but you'll ultimately reproduce what you are.