Topic: Divorce

Hey guys, I have a close, Christian, friend who has made his mind up to divorce his wife. He's been separated from her for a couple weeks now, and said he had zero emotional attachment to her. I ask that you would pray for him and his wife that they would decide to not get divorced. I also ask that you would pray for me because I'm having a hard time figuring out how to deal with this. I and a couple of my friends didn't really endorse our friend getting married to this woman in the first place (she's a Christian too, but we just didn't see it working), and now that it appears he's going through with a divorce, I'm struggling with my feelings. I know that God hates divorce, and that the results of his choice will affect him, his wife, people watching, and many more people than he or I may realize, but I still have a small part of me (Satan, perhaps) that feels like he would be better off.

Anyway, this situation could use some prayer. I appreciate it!

Re: Divorce

Ben,

Continuing to pray for your friend and his wife.

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Will pray, and this is also going on with a guy who attends my Men's group bible study.

My only other recommendation is to realize that "love" is a verb, in addition to a feeling.
If you're not "feeling" the love, "do" love for a while.

"I was blind, but now I see!"  John 9:25

on my list.  Perhaps recommend he rent and watch the movie Fireproof.

Honored to Serve for Him - Tom ('Mas) Pickering <)><

Thanks for the prayers guys. Haven't really had any updates on this, but I like that description of love, Michael.

I also recommend Fireproof.  Hate to see people getting divorce.  I was once divorced (before I became Christian) and it was so bad because it affected not just two of us but the only child we had.

Monica ++ Life is purposeless without God.

bccarlso,  I hate divorce as well;  even though i was put in a scriptural position of having to do so about 4 yrs ago!  *GOD*s ways of doing things are the only right ways!  I will pray and i hope that if divorce does have to take place;  that it will be a scripturally correct divorce!  I fear divorce any other way for anyone and in a scriptural divorce;  i also fear for the offending partner as well!  Hopefully this is and was not the case and that they may reconcile with each other!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                                    The *WORD* to live by:  To live is *CHRIST*;  to die is gain!