Topic: The Candyland Factor

I've noticed that all -- every one of my corporate clients have one thing in common: they are always asking me for more color and more graphics. I often put in just as much color as I think is judicious for the feel of a corporate image, but its never enough for the client, even if they like other corporate sites that are plainer. In the context of someone else's site they can accept a formal yet engaging design, but on their own site... "more color, more graphics."

If I just went with everything we'd have a combination of Candyland, the Barum & Bailey Circus, and Baskin Robins 31 Flavors.

Of course yes, I talk them down most of the time, but the clear tendency gets to me sometime.

</rant>

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

Re: The Candyland Factor

Let's hope this is just a Pacific Northwest Thing! Then maybe we can escape it by getting clients from the East!

This disease seems to be spreading to the UK as well wink

I've got one client that would have no white space at all if at all possible!!!  I'm trying to teach him 'less is more' but it's hard work!

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!

ainsworthstudio wrote:

Let's hope this is just a Pacific Northwest Thing! Then maybe we can escape it by getting clients from the East!

I don't have a client in the NW. Almost all of them are Midwest or East.

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

jpc101 wrote:

This disease seems to be spreading to the UK as well wink

I've got one client that would have no white space at all if at all possible!!!  I'm trying to teach him 'less is more' but it's hard work!

It might seem brash, but I have had a few clients watch www.makemylogobiggercream.com .

hmmmmm, I think one of my clients might have been using whitespace eliminator and stardust powder on his offline marketing...

Thanks fully he's not asked to use them on the site yet wink

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!

Leovenous wrote:

It might seem brash, but I have had a few clients watch www.makemylogobiggercream.com .

Wow, I love it!