Topic: Getting ready to localize my work.

Alright so some of you may know that I got my first set of business cards ever printed this past Friday. Woot! If you haven't seen them here they are:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/295 … e706_b.jpg

I want to get advice from you guys. I have been planning to create a pricing sheet for potential clients for all the services I run. (graphics, print, identity, web design, site updates, teaching someone how to easily edit their site content) Should I get that done before I start handing out my business cards. I was meaning to do this, but kept getting distracted by other things.

Also, how would I know how to price myself.

And the second question is, I have these business cards out and I AM going to be handing them out, starting with the businesses around me, but I don't know how exactly to approach someone. I am not shy, once I just start opening my mouth, it's getting my mouth open that's the hard part. Any advice on that as well?

Re: Getting ready to localize my work.

I find that one of the most effective ways to connect with people is to ask them about themselves. If I go in and just start talking about how great Donor Tools is, more often than not, their eyes will glaze over. But if I start a conversation by asking them about themselves and what they do, then it usually turns into a great animated conversation where I learn a lot about them, and usually there is an opportunity to say, oh wow, I think I might be able to help you.

Ryan Heneise  |  Art of Mission  |  Now with extra-strong Donor Tools mojo