Topic: YABGO (perfect pastor = perfect church?)

Yet Another Blazing Glimpse of the Obvious (in case your were wondering).

I’m standing in the shower the other morning, kavetching to myself about church work – and just why is it anyway that one person, ONE PERSON, can put me so out of sorts about it – and I say to myself, “This would be so much easier if I were a perfect pastor.

Why prayer when you can fret and worry?

Re: YABGO (perfect pastor = perfect church?)

Consider, though, how far that Perfect Pastor was willing to go for His congregation.  I daresay that few in the US would be willing to die, though it's not uncommon in the regions of the world that persecute the church.  Makes ya think. neutral

Honored to Serve for Him - Tom ('Mas) Pickering <)><

Re: YABGO (perfect pastor = perfect church?)

frpaulas,  A perfect church?  A perfect pastor?  Only one of these can be true considering that none of us are good but the *FATHER* which is in heaven!  *CHRIST* said in Mr 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.  There is an everlasting kingdom that will always stand!   The perfect church is the church that belongs to *CHRIST*;  *HIS* bride and *HIM*;  the *Bridegroom!  His saved obedient believers!  *HE* sits on the right hand of *GOD* and *HE* has been given all authority in heaven and in earth!

Someone sitting on a throne must be over some sort of kingdom!  *HE* reigns over *HIS* everlasting kingdom (the church);  not the building;  but *SPIRITUALLY* speaking!  The gates of Hell itself will not prevail against it!  Our bodies are the temples of the Living *GOD* as Paul states in 1Corinthians! 1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

We are not perfect.  We have a race to run and to win!  We should strive toward mark of the high calling of *GOD*!  We should never justify our imperfections;  but we should understand that we should not beat ourselves up for falling short of the glory of *GOD*:  but rather confess and repent when we come up short and realize that we can do all things through *CHRIST*!   Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  I have yet to see a perfect pastor!  Yes *CHRIST* was the perfect *LAMB* (unspotted and unblemished) of *GOD* and the only one who could pay the price that *HE* paid for our sins!

I say all this;   just to say that we are all failable and only through the grace (unmerritted favor) of *GOD* can we have salvation!  Sometimes i think people expect too much from preachers/teachers/evangelist etc.!  A novest will not be as strong as a seasoned *CHRIST*ian;  but nevertheless we all have our times of weaknesses!  Even Paul talked about this!  The body works in unison to edify each other!  To strengthen each other and build each other up on the most holy faith!  Every member is needful and that is why felowshipping is so important!  For some reason it seems that the congregations drain the leaders dry sometimes (expecting too much from them)  instead of supporting them and strengthening each other up as outlined in the scriptures through prayer and love!

I have read when Paul asked for prayer from the churches;  so that he would have free course to do *GOD*s will!  Paul prayed 3 times for the spirit of infirmity to be taken away and *CHRIST* told Paul that *HIS* grace was sufficient enough for him and that *CHRIST* strength in him was made stronger through Paul's weakness!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                                               The *WORD* to live by:  To live is *CHRIST*;  To die is gain!