Topic: Up for renewal - MissionBoard.com - want it?

MissionBoard.com is up for renewal. I don't have much use for it, but I'd like to keep it in the family. So....

Post up your idea for what you'll do with missionboard.com. The winner gets the domain missionboard.com free and clear - I'll even pay for the next year's registration. The rules are simple and dreadfully unfair: I get to pick the best idea and whether it's worthy or not smile. If I pick a winner, I'll initiate a domain transfer to your registrar account. That's it!

Let's get those ideas going... What would you do with MissionBoard.com?

Ryan Heneise  |  Art of Mission  |  Now with extra-strong Donor Tools mojo

Re: Up for renewal - MissionBoard.com - want it?

I'd add it to the 'domain pool' on ministrypool: http://www.ministrypool.com/domains  so it could then be used by lots of different groups.

That's my pitch wink

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!

Re: Up for renewal - MissionBoard.com - want it?

I've got an idea brewing that might mesh.  I've already got the domain though: wheresmyheroes.com.  It's going to be a google mashup showing pins on the globe for the location of missionaries you want to follow.  My thinking is that either a church or the missionaries themselves can update it with the latest updates/prayer requests/etc so anybody who is interested could see it.  Nothing done on it yet other than a few ideas on paper and an empty domain.  Eventually I'd like to have it display and rotate the globe based on your local time ala xearth.

I don't really need missionboard.com, but thought I'd share a similar idea.

The lazy one smile