Topic: Something wierd with links...

Hey guys, I got something weird going on Spine Care Plus, it has something to do with the link colors. Basically, the visited link color is the background color. I have searched the document, and everything and can't find the color. Any ideas?

Spine Care Plus Link Colors

Re: Something wierd with links...

On line 167 in your CSS the code should be

#foot_contents a:link, #foot_contents a:visited {

instead of

#foot_contents a:link, a:visited {
Web Developer - AM Design | I specialize in XHTML, CSS, PHP and jQuery

Ok, got something going on again. I have looked over everything, inspected the image with Firebug to see what styles are being applied to it, and nothing seems to be working! Anyways, I have a border-bottom applied to post_txt, which is basically the whole body part of the site, except for the images, but it decided it wanted to have a border because it was lonely! Anyways, any ideas?

Image and Border Link Problem

I'm sorry but I no idea where exactly the problem is!!!  What's up and where?!  It all looks fine to me...

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!

Okay - here's your problem: the style that has a border-bottom is .post_txt a:link. The problem is that the anchor tag has the style applied to it, not the image. If you want to remove the border from that image, you'll need to give the anchor tag a class or id that has the style "border: 0px none;". Does that make any sense?

Web Developer - AM Design | I specialize in XHTML, CSS, PHP and jQuery

Yes, perfect now. I can't believe I didn't realize that. Thanks Chris!

This is the last thing on this site, and I can't figure out it for the life of me. The link on the footer does not work in IE6 at all! Any ideas?

Spine Care Plus Footer Link problem

As I recall, some of the PNGfix techniques for IE6 cause challenges with links.

"I was blind, but now I see!"  John 9:25

Yea, some of thes PNG fixing scripts make links not work - awesome.

Sometimes I've had luck y adding zoom:1; or position:relative; to the element with the PNG background, for some reason this fixes it sometimes.

I just simply changed it to a GIF image, I won't have any problem with that, right?

As long as it still looks ok, yeah no problem.  Remember, it's only the transparency IE6 has a problem with, you can use a PNG image just fine.
Sometimes what I do is use the PNG for everything, and then another image (like a gif) for IE6.  In fact, this is the perfect way to exploit a bug in IE6.  Here's what I would do:

#whatever{background-image:url(imageName.png) !important;}
#whatever{background-image:url(imageName.gif);}

Basically all browsers except IE6 respect the !important addition, making it ignore any rule after or before it.  it's more important.  IE6 will only use the last declared CSS rule, so it sees the first one, and then overrides it with the second one.  All other browsers will use the first and ignore the second one.