Topic: My latest redesign

Not exactly new news, but I recently relaunched my site with a new design, plus a decent amount of recoding on the backend. My site was the first site I ever did with ExpressionEngine, so suffice to say, there was a lot of stuff that could be improved as far as the templates and weblogs went. Plus, I through in some new things, including a stripped down implementation of EE's "Member" module.

FWIW, the idea was to harness the look and feel of a tumblelog, which I like for its immediacy, with a fuller approach to content design and layout. Not sure if I'm accomplished that, but it was fun to try.

I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come...

Re: My latest redesign

I like it. Not sure what else to say.

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

Looks really nice, great work.

James Cooper --  God loving, banjo playing, geek!

Thanks.

Pretty cool.  Kind of reminiscent of the designs we saw a few years back, yet with a more modern feel.  Nice work.

BroChris wrote:

Kind of reminiscent of the designs we saw a few years back, yet with a more modern feel

Interesting. Could you clarify this?

I think he's thinking something along the idea of eyeball designs and the general metal/industrial look to web sites. I think yours is tasteful though.

Is that what you're thinking Chris?

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

"Eyeball designs"?

Um... they are a design firm that was somewhat of a phenomenon for a while. They re-design pretty often so the current design isn't exactly like what I'm thinking. There are dozens of Photoshop tutorials on how to imitate their "look". They have some on their own site too.

http://www.eyeball-design.com/

Ah, I see. I'd never heard of them.

Rather than start a brand new thread, I thought I'd just update this one... my site has a new design and a new domain.

http://opus.fm/

Nice... feels a little empty at the top, but I like the typographic details in the blog entries. And read a couple of your movie reviews, great writing!