Topic: New Church Site from Wellington, New Zealand

Hey everybody. Just thought you may like to see a new site from a church 'downunder'. The Street City Church (www.thestreet.org.nz) is an inner city church in Wellington, New Zealand. I'm really hoping you all know where New Zealand is....?? Wellington is the city where Lord of the Rings came from.... if that helps!

The site was launched softly at the end of 2005 and more formally earlier this year after minor bug fixes. There's sill a lot of content to go in certain areas, but mostly, it's all working great. You may be suprised to know that we developed this entirely in WordPress! :-)

Be interested in your thoughts. Cheers~!

Soul Purpose.co.nz::..::Life | Faith | Music | SmallTalk

Re: New Church Site from Wellington, New Zealand

I would say have the two columns (nav and content) stretch to the bottom of the page. It is rather awkward on pages like http://www.thestreet.org.nz/groups/youth where the content column is high and the main page where the content is all the way to the bottom, yet the nav is high. Fix that, and I'd say it looks wonderful.

Cheers dude. Yeah it's been a little hard to get extended content for certain pages. I've just applied the min-height to the content div and it's exdending down (although min-height is not completely x-browser supported yet....). The white space is a bit akward but we'll live with it for now.

Wow, this site looks pretty great! I'm very impressed. If you fix the column height issue that James brought up, and get your code validating, I'd be happy to feature it in the gallery. To get around min-height not working in IE, do this...

/* Good browsers */

div#name
{
     min-height: 500px;
}

* html div#name
{
     height: 500px;
}

That will make good browsers keep the height right, and then in IE, it will start at that height, and stretch if need be. Hopefully that helps you out. smile

Give me liturgy or give me death.

Hey Nathan. Thanks for that. Content divs should be all sweet now. Also, the site validates...now... I was briefly playing around with a plugin we were developing and it's .js file was spazzing out! Should be all sweet now. smile

Looks awesome!

Very nice!

He will return...

Very nicely done. The only thing I noticed is that I wish the logo in the top of the left column were a link to take me back to the home page. I kept clicking on it, and then having to click the "home" link.

Again, very nice.

Ryan Heneise  |  Art of Mission  |  Now with extra-strong Donor Tools mojo

Nathan Smith wrote:

To get around min-height not working in IE, do this...

/* Good browsers */

div#name
{
     min-height: 500px;
}

* html div#name
{
     height: 500px;
}

That will make good browsers keep the height right, and then in IE, it will start at that height, and stretch if need be. Hopefully that helps you out. smile

Thanks for IE min-height "fix", Nathan! Just what I needed!

The street site rocks! Awesome job, hamish!

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose