Topic: Digsby

Has anyone used Digsby yet? It's a freeware application, currently in beta, available for Windows, Mac, and Unix operating system. Digsby is a multi-protocol IM client that also manages web based mail and social networking in one place. I read some reviews here and here, highly recommending it, but a few people commented that it was a resource hog.

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Re: Digsby

Update, the Mac and Unix versions have not yet been released. Now that I'm at work, and wanted to load the Mac version, I discovered it wasn't available.

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud

Never tried Digsby or heard about it before, but have you tried Adium or Pidgin?

Edit: Oops just realised that Digsby has some social networking features built in. Pidgin and Adium don't have that as far as I'm aware.

Exercise your faith!

A developer friend just recommended Digsby today.

I tend to resist new software applications quite hard; otherwise they tend multiply like rabbits, take up space and memory...

But the demo video looked rather impressive, useful and unobtrusive.
Has anyone tried it?

"I was blind, but now I see!"  John 9:25

I've used it before, but not extensively. It was pretty good at being a chat client, I don't remember disliking anything about it. I seem to remember it was pretty lightweight, too. I prefer Trillian, but Digsby is good too.