Topic: Flash MP3 Problems (again!)

I've got some problems with this page. The sermon will start playing and play for anywhere from 20 seconds to 5 minutes and then just stop. It does this on all of the sermons so its not an audio problem. I really need some help on this folks; ideas would be appreciated! If you need more info just ask!

Zak

Re: Flash MP3 Problems (again!)

Any clues?

without the FLA it's tough to track down since flash is doing the streaming.

I dream with an XML intereface

Would it help if I gave you my flash files 'n such?

I can take a peek to the FLA if you dont mind $contact- $at- helmutgranda.com. You can also post some of the AS to see how you are handling the loading of your MP3s.

"...porque Jehová tu Dios estará contigo en dondequiera que vayas." Joshua 1:9

Thanks Helmut Granda! I've emailed the files you requested to your email address.

Hey Zak,

I didnt find any problems with your movie, I tested locally and also uploaded to my server and its all good. I was able to hear music for more than 15 minutes without any problem.

Are you still having problems with it?

Hmmm, yeah, I'm still having problems with it. Would you go to http://christchurchnewalbany.org/Sermon-Audio.php and see if you can play the audio there succesfully?

Thanks again!

Hey Zak, I was able to play the audio there successfully.

Strangeness. hmm How much of the sermon did you listen to? Sometimes it won't happen for a few minutes.

Thanks!

Humm, I am on FF and when I switch tabs its when the audio stops, but then I can play it again.

Why dont you create a new player and have it allow the user to scroll trough the sermon? Let's say I heard half of the sermon and I have to leave when I come back I can start where I left off.

Just an Idea.

That's the problem. It doesn't stop unless I change tabs, it just didn't hit me that that was causing the problems. Thanks very much! So you suggest finding a flash player that will allow the user to scroll through parts of the sermon? Okay, I'll check that out!

Thanks a ton everyone!

Zak,

If you have flash8 you can use the components that flash ships out with, i believe they have a component that allows you to play MP3 files, in the other hand you can make your custom MP3 Player, it might seem hard at first but if you brake it into pieces you will see that its not too complicated. Also you will be able to skin the player to your liking.

Basiclly what the player should do is this

Have 2 bars integrated on the player
One bar will indicate how much of the file has been downloaded the other bar would tell you what position on the sermon (song) you are at. Then you create a simple slider that will draggable to enable your users to scan through the sermon (or song).

I hope that helps.

Yeah, I shoulda mentioned; I don't have Macromedia Flash. I found this player online. I think I'm going to browse some more and see what I can come up with on the net.

Thanks!

oh I see, well at least it works smile.