Topic: Anyone here used Flex?

I'm considering putting together a web app that would me much better served as a stand-alone app (via Air). We're talking being able to charge 5x more, so its lucrative to me. My questions is, have you done it? I have the CS3 suite so allegedly I have the tools. I'm weighing the effort of learning a whole new platform in order to harness the possibility of making a web program a "real" program.

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

Re: Anyone here used Flex?

I haven't used it personally but my brother has done and seemed to be fairly impressed. He'd done no flash work before and had a basic working app pretty quickly. I don't think it is a platform he is going to use beyond that one project although he changed job and his role doesn't require it. I will ask him for a response and post tomorrow

Oops forgot to get back to you! Here is what my brother had to say:

'seemed pretty functional, development was quick and easy..

didn't try and do anyhthing particularly complex though... the first advnaced thing I wanted to do was call a web page but couldn't get it to do that...

though I only spent about 10 mins looking at it'

He's a man of few words

lol. Thanks. I tired to have a look at it but am still at the deer-in-headlights stage. We'll see.

"Bear 270, young man. Bear two, seven, zero, over." - Musings of a flight simulator guru, me.

FYI, Flex is sold separately from the CS3 suites. Also I would consider my options, if you can charge 5x more but it is going to cost you 10x more (new software, learning curve and such) would it actually be lucrative? smile

"...porque Jehová tu Dios estará contigo en dondequiera que vayas." Joshua 1:9

Well the guy with me on the project is a professional Coldfusion programmer, so that helps with the realistic-ness of it. But yes there is definitely a lot to consider.