Topic: Mother and Family

Please pray for my mother and our family.  My mother went in to her doctor on Saturday due to headaches and illness, and was quickly admitted due to a mass in her brain.  This comes just a week after she moved from her home of 15 years to the Pittsburgh area.  She's getting the best treatment she can now, because thankfully my wife is a neuro nurse and knows the best doctors in the city, but it is difficult on her and us (especially since she's been a breast cancer survivor with no signs of a relapse for over 3 years now).

Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Re: Mother and Family

Man, news like that is always tough to hear. My father went through a bout w/ cancer not too long ago. I will be praying for your mother and family.

Give me liturgy or give me death.

On my list.  Know that God is in control. neutral

Honored to Serve for Him - Tom ('Mas) Pickering <)><

will be praying

we'll be praying for you gg. i know what its like to go through something like that. 2 years ago my father went to his doctor complaining he'd been losing sensation on his left side of his body, and the dr told him it was allergies. the next day he went to the er with a fever, and it turned out he had a mass on the right side of his brain about 2 inches long and about the same around thatd been pushing on his brain for who knows how long. i remember sitting in the er and hearing about this  and i immediately thought the worse and broke down crying. i was afraid i would lose him. but thank god he had a great surgeon and god was in the or watching over him and they removed the mass, faster and easier than first expected. it was amazing that night in the recovery room. he could hold my hand and squeeze, something he had been having problems with. but god gave him a quick recovery, and now hes back to his normal self. (aside from a hole in his head smile )  just keep your chin up and know there are people out there praying for you and yours. god will provide a way. just remember, everything happens for a reason. god is watching over you, dont lose faith, just look above for assurance and everything will be fine.

Well, my mother is back out of the hospital already after receiving gamma knife radiation treatment on Monday, but she's still going to have to go through several months of radiation and chemo treatments.  Thankfully, it looks like she will be just fine, but the ongoing treatments will have her wiped out for a little while.

Thank you all for your prayers, and praise the Lord!

Wonderful news to hear about your mother! My thoughts and prayers go out to her and your family in the coming months of treatments.

"Change is inevitable, growth is intentional" - Glenda Cloud