Topic: RailsConf

Anyone going? I'll be there, already bought my ticket.

Re: RailsConf

me too!

Ryan Heneise  |  Art of Mission  |  Now with extra-strong Donor Tools mojo

I would love to go. But the price is a too steep.

Hm, seems like it is just you and me Ryan! We got some serious hacking to do and make up for. big_smile

Robert: Yeah both you and Ryan have to keep the Gb community in the loop as to all the happenings. smile

Exercise your faith!

Rails? Pish posh, that's such a fad. wink

Ninjas and pirates both agree: cowboys suck.

Yannick: I'll try to take as many pictures as I can and will most definitely be blogging about it!

Larry: tisk tisk tisk... tongue

Awesome Robert, looking forward to it.

Exercise your faith!

Have fun guys! Wish I was there (yes I am back on the Rails bandwagon...long story)

Ace of Dubs wrote:

Have fun guys! Wish I was there (yes I am back on the Rails bandwagon...long story)

But, rails is too slow and not enterprise ready, and it is just a fad, and Ruby is not a real programming language, and blah blah blah.

Just messing with ya Ace. wink Once you open your mind to learning new things and different ways to program, anything can happen....you could actually become a better programmer - imagine that. Too many other people don't get that.

LOL.. ok admittedly I deserved that one.

The truth is that I am a very superficial person.. looks matter to me and IMO Ruby is the prettiest code in the world. Dare I say it is downright sexy?

Aside from the language itself, Rails the framework has definitely made me a better programmer. My grasp of ORM, TDD/BDD & CRUD has really started taking off and I am even starting to appreciate (gasp) the command line! My game is definitely on another level and its only getting better.

So gloat all you want guys.. it feels good to be right smile

I'll be there! I've set it as my deadline for having my stafftool church management app finished and launched so I can demo it as a follow-up to the lightning talk i did last year on it.

last year was awesome...be sure to take your DS and copy of mariokart!

check out stafftool.com - beautiful web-based church management

Cool, look forward to seeing you there Toby.